Baldwin Park, CA

Posted October 01, 2014
If you have a choice doesn t send your child to this school please! Almost every staff member is closed minded, rude and gossipy (especially after they get promoted: Chicana pride I guess). If you don't want to associate yourself with gang members then really don't send your child to school here. Not only are gangs VERY active in a few houses (that I know of so far) very near this school but those gang members are sending their kids there too! Once I was going to pick up my daughter and I overheard kids talking about how they re going to "blaze it" when their home. I went to this school when I was a kid myself; things have surly changed since then! Now as far as teachers go they really do care for their students they do want to see a better life for them other than the street life. The janitors are great friendly always doing their job, but like I said the environment isn t pleasant. If I could only say what needs to be said about this school, I think some major changes would occur with letting some fishy looking parents volunteer... with that being said please consider another school honestly.

Posted December 09, 2013
At one time. It was very good. Now with the districts new challenges to compete in education. The leaders are looking outward for answers, Instead of looking within their own infrastructure. By first eliminating the administrators that are poor performers. And being transparent with their students' parents.

Posted September 16, 2013
Great school!! Their principal, Dr. P rez (USC graduate), focuses on preparing students for college. She makes sure students attend school regularly and on time. She also has a"Coffee with the Principal"meeting once a month for parents to share their ideas or any concerns they may have. They also have college rallies and each classroom represents a college or university.Great school with such an awesome principal and great teachers too!!!

Posted August 07, 2013
Foster is a great school with great teachers. My son is in the Dual Language Program and has exceeded my expectations. He has scored Advance Proficient in both subjects since he started taking the state tests. I thank his wonderful, caring teachers who have guided him through not only one language but the challenge of a second language. I applaud everyone at Foster School.

Posted February 09, 2011
This is by far one of the best schools I have ever volunteered at. The Principal Mrs. Perez is amazing, she stays involved and busy with school activities. She has a "Coffee with the Principal" meeting once a month where parents speak freely with her and she addresses all concerns. Mrs. Perez's passion for helping create the ultimate elementary experience for all is out of this world! One can only wish all schools would have a Mrs. Perez leading them... Baldwin Park ranks amongst the 3 top elemetary schools in town and is filled with teachers that genuinely care.

Foster Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2010
I am Very Blessed to have my kids go to this School, Teachers a great and the Principal is a People person!

Posted February 15, 2009

Foster Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2008
My daughters have been in this school for 5 years now and we love it. All of their teachers have been great, making the class fun for students and very accessible for parents to be involved. The principal has always had an open door policy and is very involved with the students and parents. My husband has received several job opportunities out of this district, but we have decided to stay simply because of our daughters progress in this school. They are both in the dual-immersion program and have excelled tremendously! They offer several after-school programs also.

Posted January 12, 2006

Posted August 12, 2004
We're very fortunate to have the staff, teachers and principal that we have here at Foster, the teachers are great, the dual-immersion program is excellent and there are plenty of work-shops for all the parents for every subject.

Foster Elementary School
13900 Foster Avenue, Baldwin Park, CA  91706
Last modified Foster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top