Baldwin Park, CA
Students enrolled: 2,018

Sierra Vista High School 2

Posted February 24, 2012
im a parent of a student that attends school here and i'm so dissapointed with SV. Many teachers get away with so much at this school and when u as a parent address a situation you get nothing resolved. All the staff covers for each other. It's awful when adult that we trust to teach our children are behaving just like children.

Posted February 17, 2012
Its a great school where parents can trust teachers, staff and other students to have your kids love being in high school.... Teachers are friendly, knowledgeable and work together with parents in regard to our children, Principal cares about parents concern and always improve the quality of education given to the students and the school... Overall SVHS can give parents peace of mind and we only hope is for our children to be better than us specially comes to education ..

Posted June 09, 2009
Over-all great school!!! Two thumbs up!!!

Posted May 01, 2009
well i was in S.V for 2 years, those two years were great i got the chance to meet great friends and teachers. I then moved to MoVal, getting used to a new place was preatty hard (Mostly to this school). I always thought i had the chance to graduate with my friends at S.V. Know im a senior at Canyon Springs H.S ready to graduate but not with my real friends.

Posted June 03, 2008
Hi, my name is Christian Meraz, and as a Freshman here at SV, I think it's a great school. Although labeled 'ghetto' by many people, it is on the contrary. There is so much to do that you'll never be bored. I participate in the school band and Drumline. It always keeps me busy keeping my grades in shape and keeping me out of trouble. For all incoming freshman, I highly recomend this school. Class of 2011

Posted January 05, 2008
As a student I think this school is great. Though many people label it as 'ghetto'. No i like it and the Avid program is a natioal demo school. The only thing I do not like is the new 'houses' I think that its just a way of segregating kids with only the 'smart kids' or the 'trouble maker kids'.

Posted May 29, 2007
I think this school is the best of the two. It offers young adults the opportunity to excell in academics and improve their community involvement. Also it has great teachers, that care about the students. Also it has a great sports program of the two high schools, and its football program is the greatest with the coaches being the best. Its coaches care about the program and kids, both on the varsity and the freshmen level. They will help the kids succeed in life, both on and off the field. Also an awesome football booster club that wors with the program too.

Posted January 04, 2006
Sierra Vista is the better of the two h.s. in Baldwin Park. It offers more rigorous academic course work, but many students are unmotivated. The honors students excel, the low skilled students fail, and the middle are floating. I don't think this group has been addressed and technology is not widespread for the 21st century high school student. Positives are that teachers do care and that the new administration this year has made a positive difference. This school is definitely improving..

Posted November 17, 2005
Its a really great school. Any new freshman to come will enjoy being at sierra vista. The peers, teacher, and staff are very helpful and friendly. The academics are top rated.

Posted July 14, 2005
I think this school has knowledgeable teachers who care about their students success. the career counsler is great at giving and helping students with grant/scholarship information. I was really surprised to see how much money students who applied themselves received.

Sierra Vista High School
3600 North Frazier Street, Baldwin Park, CA  91706
Last modified Sierra Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Vista High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top