Tracy Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2013
I put my daughter in tracy 6 years ago because of the Dual Language Program. The Program is a great opportunity for children to learn a second language, however, not all teachers were meant to be teachers. What do you do when your child get's a terrible teacher but the school (principal) refuses to move her to a different class? Then as they get older (next grades) the options are reduced from 2 teachers per grade to 1 teacher so you are stuck with that teacher. My daughter has had 2 terrible teachers and as involved as we are, we got no support from the school. Excellent teachers who deserve to be recognized: Mrs. Mendez, Mrs. Perez, Mr. & Mrs. Montes, Mrs. Chase.

Posted May 29, 2013
Tracy elementary has great teachers. Dual language is very helpful. My kids love it. The after school program is wonderful also. Keeping kids healthy and active and helps working parents.

Tracy Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2012
THIS IS MY SONS FIRST YEAR AT TRACY...I HAVE TO SAY...I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE PRINCIPLE AND HER EXPLANATIONS AND EXCUSES. MY SON WAS AND STILL CURRENTLY GETS BULLIED AND IT SEEMS LIKE NOTHING IS BEING DONE. THIS OTHER CHILD HAS BEEN SUSPENDED MORE THAN 5 TIMES AND HAS PHYSICALLY HIT MY SON MORE TIMES THAN I CAN COUNT. I HAVE TRIED CONTACTING THE BPUSD..AND GOT NO WHERE..EVERYDAY I DREAD SENDING MY SON TO SCHOOL...SCARED ABOUT WHAT HE WILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH DURING HIS DAY...THE ONE GOOD THING I HAVE TO SAY IS ABOUT HIS TEACHER.MRS MENDOZA...MY SON LOVES HER...SHE TEACHES HIM..AND MAKES SURE HE IS COMPREHENDING AS OPPOSED TO JUST LISTENING TO WHAT SHE SAYS. SHE IS BY FAR THE ONE AND ONLY "GOOD QUALITY" ABOUT THAT SCHOOL.

Tracy Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2011
Tracy was a great school, among the top five in Baldwin Park. It now ranks second to the lowest in API scores. That is a shame because teachers do work hard, especially those part of the Dual Language program. They truly care about the school and their students. Leadership on part of the principal leaves a lot to be desired. There is no real follow through in educational programs or incentives for students. Her efforts are exhausted in "closing a campus" imparting a sense that the school is not safe. Yet, she is rarely visiting classrooms. The principal is rarely visible, last year on many occasions where I attended school assemblies and functions she was not present. How can one lead a school if one is not present? Baldwin Park should really consider removing mediocre principals rather than shuffling them to a different school. Real leadership is needed if there is to be substantial growth. Our students deserve it!

Posted February 17, 2011
Tracy Elementary School - Where does a person start to rate!? By API, CST, Teachers, Parents, Professionalism, Lenght of Service, Etc., Etc.. High API's does not mean a school is great, it means it has a high a API. What makes a school great is a combination of people, tests, activities, professionalism, etc.. The one quality that Tracey Elementary School does exceptionally, and exceeds all other schools, my son and I have attended, or visited is this: Respectfully intelligent human beings that show care and concern. Plus, the ability to create communications and individuality, with the students and parents, and truely showing character as professional educators. So, in this respectful light of all matters, Tracey Elementary is given a Five-Star Rating from me!

Posted February 07, 2011
My children and I love Tracy. It is a wonderful school with amazing teachers,wonderful staff and an outstanding principal. My children are so advanced and I have the wonderful teachers there to thank. Keep up the good work Tracy. Sincerely, A proud Tracy parent (TT)

Tracy Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
here in this skcool my daughter goes to tracy has a lot of drama and police its the worse shcool.

Tracy Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2009

Tracy Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2009
My daughter attends Tracey & despite some of the kids I see, the teachers are doing the best they can with the very little they have. Nonetheless, I do like the way Tracey constantly reminds the kids about College! Interesting, if we could collect more data and follow this kids throughout college.

Posted February 15, 2009

Tracy Elementary School
13350 Tracy Street, Baldwin Park, CA  91706
Last modified Tracy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tracy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top