Banning, CA

Posted March 07, 2014
Be careful graduates here are told in some cases their degree is bogus. Transfers to the Public school system end up re-taking classes because of a lack of proper accreditation. The teachers graduate from unaccredited schools. Be aware of the staff and do background check on the folks involved.

Posted April 22, 2013
The school was clean, but the academics were substandard. Teachers wasted class time and there was no college prep. Counselors did not advise on academic opportunities, scholarships, or college assistance. Okay for young children, but not suitable for college-bound graduates.

Posted June 15, 2012
I would just like to say that this is a small school that houses around 200 students from the age of 4 thru the age of 18. This a small building and they have the best staff. I have never been to any school that the staff has demonstrated the love, and the will. This is a very small staff and for a private school you have to expect that their will be differences from public or even larger private schools. This school not only demonstrate strong leadership, respect, and authority, but the students learn these things. I have three girls who went to this school. The oldest already out of school. She attended for 3 years and never had a better attitude and grades. I still have 2 their, they are doing so well. The oldest made the honor roll and both of them have excelled in their studies this year. I can not wait to see what is in store for them next. The $5 fines that were talked about are to teach responsability and if you were working in the real world your boss would not out up with tardiness or any other issues. They are not accredited but are the best choice to send your children. You wont find a more dedicated and respectful school, I highly reccomend it. christine clark

Posted May 04, 2012
This school is a joke. They have no student involvement my child basically taught himself. There's no parent conference they let 8 th graders and other grades watch kid movies instead of teaching the kids what they need to learn and the teachers aren't any good my son would ask for help on his math and the teacher would respond with " go figure it out yourself" and they charge the parents five dollars for everything if your child is late even a minute you are charged and if your child is late walking in class during the mid day you get charged five dollars. This school is a waste of money your child will not learn anything when it comes to education.

Posted August 21, 2010
This school does not offer the CA standards for high school graduates. Students have to go to junior college to get some requirements prior to attending a four-year college.

Calvary Christian School 2

Posted August 25, 2009
The rooms are clean, but the academics and testing are not acceptable. There are not any regular electives and no ap classes are available.

Posted May 13, 2009
Well I'm not a perfect child and Calvary Christian School did put up with me and did make time for me. I have attended this school for fourteen years (from K-4 to 12th grade). I did get in trouble, but I was in the wrong and I did realize that. I appreciate this school and recommend it to everyone, but I do believe that not every child can make it in this school. Calvary Christian School has taught me to respect those who are in authority, and taught me to work hard and do my best.____ Christian Estrada Marquez

Posted May 13, 2009
I have had two children attend Calvary Christian School. Neither was perfect but both were loved, cared for, and well educated by the staff. My older son graduated last year after attending the school from K-4-12th grade. He is now attending college in Pensacola, Florida. He just completed his first year with A's and B's and is on the Dean's list. My younger son is finishing 8th grade this year and is looking forward to high school. For the last two years he has been on the football and basketball teams. He is actively involved in our local church (he is a leader in our bus ministry, the visitation ministry and the church choir). He is a fun-loving young man who is still respectful and obedient to those in authority. Calvary Christian School has taught him not only stellar academics but compassion for others.

Posted May 13, 2009
I started going here in sixth grade and everyone here was so nice, inviting, and friendly. The school teaches me all the things I need to know about the Bible and very important subjects. I am so thankful I get to come to this school with the great teachers and staff that work here. - Blake Spencer, 9th I started out in this school in 5th grade and I made so many amazing life-time friends here. It really challenged me to get into the Word of God and learn more about Him. The teachers are amazing and treat you like a 'person' and speak to you and encourage you in everything. They all are supportive and they will sit down and listen and mentor you. I have enjoyed my time here and am so thankful for a school like this one. - Makenna Sones, 8th grade

Posted April 03, 2009
Great school if you have a perfect child! If you have a child that is less than perfect though,.. you may have to pick up your child from school early because they have no time to deal with a less than perfect child.

1325 Mountain Avenue, Banning, CA  92220
Last modified Calvary Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Calvary Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top