Barstow High School 3

Posted April 30, 2013
I have a problem with my ex-wife that she dont let me see my daughter's and the school is very far from where I live.

Posted June 15, 2012
Barstow High school has the best principal around. I was afraid to send my child to high school because of bullies and I feel great that there was no problem. My son even brings his I PAD to school because of the IEP (special needs program) He is allowed to bring items that will help him do better in school through the help. I was worried about theft though there was not a problem. Other students left him alone and did not bother him. The teachers knew he needed help though did not just pass him through and he had to work for his grades. The teachers treat him with respect and e-mailed me if there was a problem. He is now going in the 10th grade passing all his classes. I am very thankful for all the teachers, staff, and principal. The staff is always polite when I visit. Even the Vice Principal took care of issues for me so I did not have to bother the principal. Even the staff that was out helping with the traffic is friendly and able to move the traffic through. All and all, I feel that my son is safe and he is working hard for his grades.

Barstow High School 2

Posted May 31, 2012
Honestly this school isn't that great. There are some good teachers that care that their students graduate, but a majority mainly those with tenor could care less and simply be happy getting paid.

Posted September 02, 2010
i love it it rocks i luv my school i would be honored to have my kids (when i have some) to go there

Barstow High School 0

Posted October 28, 2009
Barstow may be rough around the edges but all in all it is a great place to be. You just have to surround yourself by good people and you get what you put in.

Posted March 18, 2009
I am a parent of 3 who have attended or are attending BHS currently. 2 of my children are graduating with Bachelors Degrees This Summer (2009). One will go on become a Teacher in the Barstow Unified School District, and the other will go on to get their PHD. My 3rd child is looking to attend UC Berkley Next year. ALL were approached by their counselors but they too had to make the effort.They have done VERY well for themselves thus far which can all be attributed to their Instructors, Parents, and themselves. I strongly suggest that if you have a problem with the school you look at yourself and your child before blaming the school.

Posted March 13, 2009
I am a current student here at BHS, and this school is amazing! The teachers are great, with the exception of a small group of 'OUTSIDERS' Ive learned alot throughout my high school career (Im a Senior) and made alot of great friends, our athletics program is great, our cheerleaders went to nationals this year. My counselors DID call me in and talked to me about my future, and whenever I was falling behind, I would get called in only to be motivated, and be pushed to do better in my school work. I WOULD DEFINIETLY RECOMEND YOU SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!

Barstow High School 0

Posted November 07, 2008
I could not recommend sending a child to Barstow High. Very unorganized. Children are put in out of control classroom. Good teachers are let go. They bring in Sub's who tell students to sit there because they do not know what to do, because they do not have a lesson plan? Counseling staff and Administration will not return phone calls. Students are unable to see their counselor. My daughter does have 4 teachers who inspire and motivate her. Not one time has a counselor spoken to her about her future, plans, if she wants to go to college. Counselors are unavailable to students?

Barstow High School 2

Posted August 21, 2008
This school has an exceptional band program and cross country program. However, that is as good as it gets! The discipline is a major concern as it directly affects the education and safety of the children. This school needs major reform.

Barstow High School 3

Posted December 18, 2007
Parent involvement is not what it should be, you have the same parents who are always involved, their students are high achievers. Band parents seem interested, but in general it is hard to involve parents who don't seem to have time. There are quality teachers, but without 'quality' parents, students seem to 'slack' up. We are looking for ways to involve and eductate more parents as to what the students and school are doing. Parent parternering would increase the quality of education, and the overall rating of the school.

Barstow High School
430 South First Avenue, Barstow, CA  92311
Last modified Barstow High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barstow High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top