Bell, CA
Students enrolled: 4,290

Posted November 01, 2013
i am a former student, until i felt the need to leave. the first day i met the dean he told me he didnt like me, i have never in my life spoken to him so i have no idea why he would say that. all the teachers i had dont care about their students. this school is so crowded you must act fast the first day of school to get a table to sit for lunch. the staff is so rude, i remember one time they took my lunch away for no reason and threw it away in front of my face while i was minding my own business. my former counselor asked for my name and then asked me if i was sure it was my name kept insisting it wasnt my name. if you need help they will yell at you think you dont know anything and not help.

Bell Senior High School 2

Posted July 01, 2013
As a former student, and now college graduate working in education, I look back at my experience and I realize there are many things to praise and condemn Bell High for. The school is overcrowded, which has created challenges with respect to fair offerings of courses, scheduling, and resources. There is very little accountability placed upon teachers and very little attempt to get parents engaged, which has affected the college-going culture negatively. Nonetheless, I do commend other areas of the school, such as certain advanced placement/honors courses and particular teachers who diligently put effort into challenging their students and ensuring comprehension. Moreover, there is a strong student government program and athletics department. However, one fact particularly strikes me; about 80% of Bell's graduates are ineligible/unprepared to apply for a Cal State or UC university. For this reason--and others--I do not recommend enrolling your child at this school. The law allows you to enroll your child in any public school, so do your research, and find the right school, because high school is very important in determining your child's future.

Posted June 26, 2013
Unless you're in honors/AP/sports you'll have the worst time of your life. The school food is horrible, most teachers don't care, and the few that do care are only in AP/Honors programs. The school will use almost any excuse to hold your diploma. If you're in a sport and don't pay up for the failure of a fundraiser that they host you best bet you won't graduate without paying out of your own pocket. I graduated in 2012 with high honors and I've been in both regular classes and honors. Its outstanding how much complaining you hear from everywhere. The school tries to put up an image of outstanding work and an effort to help those who are far behind but the truth is they don't. The CAHSEE stops many from graduating and it is sad that it does. The questions revolve around 6th grade math and english so the amount of people failing it is just unbelievable. The school holds workshops, I've personally gone and its just 4 hours of complaining from students and teachers "trying" to put in effort to teach material that is rarely included in any form of testing. Overall, unless you find the right people to talk to in this school, you won't get your education.

Bell Senior High School 4

Posted December 26, 2012
I graduated this school in 1993 and have a niece that currently attends here. Like most schools the students need parental supervision. If parents aren't parents their kids will not try. It is easy for parents and students to blame the school for their own failures. How in the world is it possible for someone to fail a CAHSEE exam several times? My 7th grade daughter can pass that test. This school has the resources and teachers to help the students succeed. The student need to put in an effort as well. I don't understand how some students are successful and others are not. The teachers can do so much. If students do not try or parents don't stand over their kids being parents then do not blame the school for your short comings.

Posted August 24, 2012
I was a former student at Bell High School. The administrators and some of the teachers here just don't care about the students. Thanks to them I did not receive my high school diploma with the rest of my classmates because I had failed the CAHSEE exam one too many times but had worked hard and even exceeded the rest of the requirements for graduation. Not once was I given the right kind, for example, one on one tutoring, a screening, or even bothered to get to the bottom of why I was failing my CAHSEE and doing so poorly in my math classes. It wasn't till I got to college that I got the right kind of help. Turns out I had a learning disability that these people had failed to recognize. When I went back to confront them about this and get an explanation all they told me was,"you have to look for help somewhere else since you already have the two year mark." To make matters worst, instead of motivating students to go to college or make something positive out of their lives they tell their students and their parents,"don't worry, most of these kids don't even graduate and most of them get pregnant. We don't expect much from you."

Bell Senior High School 3

Posted October 20, 2011
i graduated in class 2011 i was in the soccer team an di remember that everytime i didnt want to go to class i could just go to the P.E lokers and be there. is true that if you are Honor student, AP student, or athletes you have priorities have either school teachers, coach, and the police in charge of the school order. many teachers were responsible for criticizing his troublemakers students rather than trying to help them . course there are always teachers who really do their job, but still the majority of teachers that I had only the charge of wasting their time. in the soccer girls team I used to find discrimination aver that the players were not good enough and , were sat during the training and not helped at all. purposely learned that the school does not make the student. if you want to be someone in life gives the best of you. I played three years in varsity soccer team for women and thank God I had the chance to start, but look at the discrimination that emerged from the trainer to bad players.

Bell Senior High School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
This the school where I learn the value of education and one my of sons went to Bell and to see how much the school has deteriorated and how children are still making the best of their education under such sad conditions broke my heart. The students deserve more than a run down school with falling ceiling tiles due to leaks on the roof and outdated building facilities that hinder not only their education but most importantly their health both physical and psychological. Please consider given the students of Bell Senior High School an educational environment that is indusive to learning. Thank you on behalf of all the students at Bell Senior High School.

Bell Senior High School 2

Posted April 10, 2010
I graduated in class of 2007, and I hated it. I was in the Honors program for 2 years (Before I miraculously left the Honors program due to close-mindedness and seeing how unfair it was), and during that time I realized how the school only cared for the Honor students, AP students, and athletes, but they forgot about the troubled kids who needed the guidance. In Bell, if you were a troublemaker, the administrators preferred to suspend you or even kick you out of school than help you. If you were in sports, the school police would let you ditch class leave school to go get a burger, as long as you brought him one (Not making this up, I saw with my own eyes). Basically, it's a bad school, and I wouldn't even give it a star if it wasn't for the very few people that actually pushed students.

Bell Senior High School 4

Posted March 03, 2010
BHS has great teachers who really care about the students and as well it has great programs to get us in the path to college

Bell Senior High School 5

Posted February 28, 2010
Most People think that Bell isn't a good school because of the area or the bad records it has.. But Bell has good teachers that will push students to the limit to get their school work done. It Also has a good rating of students passing CAHSEE and they go up every year. Last year in 2009 above 80% of 10th grade students passed CAHSEE the first time. It has alot of programs...and our sports are really good here ranging from Swimming,Tennis,Football,Basketball,Volleyball ,Baseball,Football,Soccer,Softball,Track,Cross Country,Golf..And so many clubs to choose.

Bell Senior High School
4328 Bell Avenue, Bell, CA  90201
Last modified Bell Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bell Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top