Bell, CA
Students enrolled: 1,096

Posted March 20, 2015
The worse school ever. I came to talk to mrs . Espinosa and he litterly said out loud she needs to wait im going out side and left me waiting. I felt ignore. Im definitely taking my kids out of this school . Classes are over crowded. They really dont pay attention to the kids.

Posted June 20, 2014
Nueva Vista has a magnet program within the school that serves all children in lausd from 3rd grade through 5th grade. I didn't become aware of the this magnet until I researched. The magnet program doesn't have a magnet office and so if anyone is interested in their Visual and Performing arts magnet program you have to apply to e-choices website. As a parent I am happy for the opportunity my son had in attending the mangnet program. Teachers are excellent and my son's test scores were profiecient.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 06, 2014
this school is great on teaching academically and phisically! Mrs.Germaine was my absolute best teacher of all times! she really ecouraged behavior and learning

Nueva Vista Elementary School 2

Posted July 09, 2013
At first I thought this school was going to be awesome, because my younger brother went here. Now my kids go there the staff at the office have no manners towards parents. They are so unorganized when we want a information they have a bad attitudes I don't think that is not right! some teachers should also have manners, in how to treat better parents. And principles' should always hear both side of the story not what they believe to hear. And to teach children how to get alone with one another. No bullying this school should have a friendship day.

Posted April 13, 2011
My son started Pre _K and I was very disappointed with the teacher. She didn t even introduce herself. I even ask to see the class room and she said it was not a good day! So what else can I expect from the school.

Posted January 17, 2011
Nueva Vista starts school at 7:52 and gets out at 2:15. I think it's a fair school schedule.

Posted October 12, 2008
My kids have been in this school for a couple of weeks and I am beginning to have second thoughts about it. We just moved to the area and at my kids former school I was able to walk my kids into the yard before school and watch them go to class. Here, they treat the school like they are setting the kids up for prison or something as all the parents are forced to stand outside of the gate like they are visiting some inmates or something. At the gates they have people standing there guarding with their walkie talkies, I'm not pleased at all with this. Another thing, they start school at 7:52! They need to do it the traditional way and start at 8 AM. At 7:52 they lock the gates and you have to walk all the way around (which makes your kid(s) even more late)!

Nueva Vista Elementary School

Posted May 29, 2008
The latest raters must be talking about a different elementary. There is no new Principal, Mrs Howington has been there for several years and she still here today 05-29-08. Everytime I went to see her without an appoinment, she made herself available. I just called her today and I was transferred to her immediately. My two daughters and my son went there. They have an excellent gifted program and all three of my kids were part of it. My youngest son is currently at Nueva Vista and he has been recommended to be tested as well. he scored over 96% in all area in last year state test. He has had the best teachers. He was taught to read by the time he finished KG and his fluency is over 200 wpm. Ms Campos, Ms Jaime, Mr Garnet, Ms Hernandez, etc are all the best teachers in their respective grades.

Nueva Vista Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2007
Nueva Vista is a school that provides a safe haven for students who are experiencing difficulty at home. My kids are enjoying learning at academic. The staff is excellent and the support staff is very helpful.

Nueva Vista Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2007
Nueva Vista has a new principal. I have seen her more times I have seen the other principal. She has been there for only one week and my children already know her name because she is on the yard with them. The new principal seems confident and I already had the chance to speak with her and address some concerns from the previous principal. She seems to really care. She is accessible and seems she wants the best for the school.

Nueva Vista Elementary School
4412 Randolph Street, Bell, CA  90201
Last modified Nueva Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nueva Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top