Bellflower, CA

Posted May 15, 2012
My son has attended Kindergarten and 1st grade at Thomas Jefferson. I was extremely unhappy with his Kidergarten teacher (Ms. Miller) She didn't seem like she had the patience for the kids and I wish she taught them alot more. This year my son has a pretty good teacher (Ms Howard) A very big difference from last years teacher. She is on top of the kids behavior. My son is a very polite kid but in her classroom even a bad move will get a color change. I appreciate the behavior control in her class. Unfortunately I only have good things to say about his teacher and not his school. I wish they did more activities for our children. Kids are only kids ONCE. I wish they involved the kids in more school activities like more field trips, PLAYS , CARNIVALS.etc..etc. So far the only thing they offer are school pride shirts and open house. Sorry Thomas Jefferson but I don't know if my son will be back for 2nd grade.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2012
I have 3 children who all attended Thomas Jefferson for about 5 yrs all together. Sadly, I have to agree that it's not a very good school. Being that my kids were there for so long I was able to see first hand how poorly this school is run. My kids constantly complained about the teachers & office staff being mean & unfair, which I found out to be true. There is definitely a lack of enthusiasm, motivation & passion that should be present amongst the people that we entrust to educate our children. There is one teacher I will mention, Mr. Sar - he is the epitomy of teachers & an amazing role model, Thomas Jefferson is lucky to have him & definitely not worthy. I do have to disagree on one thing previously mentioned, location is key for some things not everything when it comes to education. Some schools located in the heart of the ghettos have incredible resources & teachers who are dedicated & determined to see these children make something of themselves. Maybe that has to do with the neighboorhoods they live in.

Posted April 04, 2012
The fact that I am the first to review this school says a lot. Seems to me like the parents don't care much about where their children go to school as long as they are IN a school. That's sad to say, but most likely the truth. Anyhow, my observation thus far is that Thomas Jefferson has a lot of work to do, but so do the parents. I can't speak about all the teachers or staff,but the ones i've dealt with are inadequate (staff) and the teacher(s) mean and unenthusiastic. I understand the teachers are understaffed and are dealing with a lot, but that is no excuse for a bad attitude and yelling at our children. I only enrolled my child at Thomas Jefferson because i had to (my home school), but within one week of my child being there I asked for a transfer permit. I am patiently waiting for May 1st when the lottery drawing(s) for my child's alternate schools is drawn. I'm crossing my fingers that she gets in to one of the two i chose for here. They both get very good ratings and -after visiting them- i was really impressed. Thomas Jefferson, not so. Often worrisome and I hate to say it GHETTO. Say what u will, but location has so much to do with the quality of education. Unfortunately.

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted August 03, 2004

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
10027 East Rose Street, Bellflower, CA  90706
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top