Bellflower, CA

Posted August 23, 2012
Rude office people.I was rejected my 5 year old application of enrollment 3 times before it was accepted..as of July 1, 2012 TB is not required Los Angeles County, So came back gave them paper from my insurance. She said we need doc to sing form. SO I answered I want to sign a waiver on that, she said to me with a smart face we don't have those.. I said excuse me I know everysingle school has them she has ALL HERS SHOOTS the doc said she didn't need the tb is not required.. well we don't have those she said to me..SO got home called the Bellflower School Unified District and talk to the head nurse of the department VERY NICE, VERY POLITE and VERY helpful lady. she said there is a form you can sign and I am gonna call them to ask for that form..Sure thing she called them 30 minutes I called to ask AGAIN for the form and what a miracle they have it..lol The nerve of some people. Went back to finish the enrollment they make me wait longer even though ALL i need it was that single paper and, they were worse than

Ernie Pyle Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2011
I can say many things about this school,unfortunately not good. The principal is careless in many ways. She does not pay close attention especially to some of her techers which are very rude. As soon as you walk in the school you can see for yourself that many of the personnel are very rude in their ways. I have been hearing a lot of complaints about the principal while waiting to pick up my son at the end of the school day. I have to struggle every day to send my son to school beyond belief. It has gotten so bad I have to change him to another school. I can only tell the parents one thing, this is not the best school, if you have options believe me your children will do better in any other school but this one.

Posted January 30, 2009
I believe this to be one of the best elementary schools in the state. The staff is caring and attentive, and I must mention one teacher in particular- Mrs. Ober. Since the day my child became a student of hers, his behavior and learning skills have improved exponentially. My hats off to Mrs. Ober, and kudos the the Pyle Elementary staff. Keep up the good work!

Posted December 18, 2005
I cannot say too many great things about this school. The principal is new and she is okay. The teachers are nice and try their best with what they have to deal with. The children that attend this school are not motivated and there is a low parent involvement. I would love to see better quality academic programs.

Posted August 11, 2005

Posted July 08, 2005
The attention given to my child by the staff and teachers is beyond compare. This school staff is truely interested in the wellfare of eveychilds education and well being. All the teachers take their job seriously and deliver the best accademic progrogam possible. I can not say how glad and thankfull I am that my child attending such a great school! My thanks for all of the attention given to my child while at Ernie Pyle - especially the Principle Beverly Swanson.

Posted January 20, 2005
Pyle provides the students with a warm, family atmosphere on a daily basis. Everyone at this site truly cares for the students; from the principal to the custodians. The staff is very friendly and accomodating towards one another. The school itself is very clean, and has a huge grassy field for students to enjoy during their recess periods as well as during physical education. Unfortunately, it did not meet its target AYP goal, but the staff is working hard to help the students by offering afterschool programs in addition to several types of interventions during the school day. Chorus is offered to 5th and 6th grade students every Friday, in addition to band. Our PTA works tirelessly to raise funds so that the students can be exposed to several educational assemblies. I feel very fortunate to be a part of Ernie Pyle!

Ernie Pyle Elementary School 4

Posted February 04, 2004
My son attended Ernie Pyle for 2 years and I thought the dedication of the staff and principals were above average. The progress my son made while attending was tremendous.

Ernie Pyle Elementary School
14500 South Woodruff Avenue, Bellflower, CA  90706
Last modified Ernie Pyle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ernie Pyle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top