Bad
Good

My wife and I are very happy with this school, we found support and advice from the teachers and the Principal .We realize the improvement in grades and academics achievements since my 3 kids attend this school. They feel secure and confident during their assistance and participate actively in the school programs.

Absolutely the worst school district and school that I have come across. This is our home school but I was given less than 48 hrs to transfer my son out because there was no room , despite the fact that he attended the previous year. District ignores requests for phone calls back, or addressing parental concerns. When I tried to transfer my kids to another district , with more than 48 hour notice, they dragged their heels to where I could not get them out and almost missed transfer spots in another district. With the exception of a few teachers, the staff is rude and disconnected and do not communicate well . But considering the leadership that they are getting on the district level , they may not be entirely to blame. As a miltary family who has experince with elementary schools from Japan to all areas of the United States, you do not want to send your children here.

Rude office people.I was rejected my 5 year old application of enrollment 3 times before it was accepted..as of July 1, 2012 TB is not required Los Angeles County, So came back gave them paper from my insurance. She said we need doc to sing form. SO I answered I want to sign a waiver on that, she said to me with a smart face we don't have those.. I said excuse me I know everysingle school has them she has ALL HERS SHOOTS the doc said she didn't need the tb is not required.. well we don't have those she said to me..SO got home called the Bellflower School Unified District and talk to the head nurse of the department VERY NICE, VERY POLITE and VERY helpful lady. she said there is a form you can sign and I am gonna call them to ask for that form..Sure thing she called them 30 minutes I called to ask AGAIN for the form and what a miracle they have it..lol The nerve of some people. Went back to finish the enrollment they make me wait longer even though ALL i need it was that single paper and, they were worse than

I can say many things about this school,unfortunately not good. The principal is careless in many ways. She does not pay close attention especially to some of her techers which are very rude. As soon as you walk in the school you can see for yourself that many of the personnel are very rude in their ways. I have been hearing a lot of complaints about the principal while waiting to pick up my son at the end of the school day. I have to struggle every day to send my son to school beyond belief. It has gotten so bad I have to change him to another school. I can only tell the parents one thing, this is not the best school, if you have options believe me your children will do better in any other school but this one.

I believe this to be one of the best elementary schools in the state. The staff is caring and attentive, and I must mention one teacher in particular- Mrs. Ober. Since the day my child became a student of hers, his behavior and learning skills have improved exponentially. My hats off to Mrs. Ober, and kudos the the Pyle Elementary staff. Keep up the good work!

Last modified Ernie Pyle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.