Bad
Good

I was a Woodruff wolf back in 2009 which was my last year there. I was only there for two and a half years, and I fell in love with everything. Classes, students and most important the teachers. This school is just wonderful, and ill always be thankful for attending that school. Just remember,like the principle said when I was there " strong hearts , strong minds , can't fail".

I am a former student at Woodruff and I must say that the school is very supportive and encouraging. My 6th grade teacher which has taught me a lot was excellent and I think all of the staff and teachers are there. It's excellent because of the many opportunities the children have like GATE, many academic field trips that are both a fun and learing experience. I am now in Bellflower and I visit Woodruff often. I can't stay out of there. Like the principal at woodruff said when I was a Woodruff Wolf, "Strong hearts, strong minds, can't fail."

i had 3 kids go to woodruff . we love the teachers and the principals. my kids made great friends and grades were high. we miss woodruff. we had to move. i would have one still there.

This school is one of the greatest schools ever.They have great principal leadership,great teacher qualities,awesome activities,great parent involvement,and good safety and discipline.I would totally recommend this school to others.

As with any school, this school has a lot of potential. However, it proves to be disappointment. Only a handful of teachers show genuine concern for their students. Also, teachers should strive to be role models to the children (even dressing professionally is a struggle for most of the teachers. No wonder our children dress as they are.) Exceptional students stagnate. Parent involvement is very commendable. School leadership is weak. Academics is weak - school's report card does not bode well.

Both my children have gone to Woodruff since they were 6 years old. The kindergarten teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. However, I have a different opinion about the others. This school has been a big disappointment. - My 1st grade son was bullied ( tripped, slapped, pushed ) by a 5th grader on different occasions. - Last year my daughters teacher complained to me because my daughter would make conversation with her during recess. The teachers do not spend the time to help the students.

I have had 2 of my children attend this school and one still in 5th grade and I think Woodruff is one of the best elementary schools that I have found. The teachers all care about the kids and welcome parent feedback and are willing to go the extra mile to see the kids succed.

Last modified Frank E. Woodruff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.