9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted September 29, 2015
I had no knowledge of this school until this past weekend when I happened to be staying at a hotel in New Jersey and the football team was also there for their game against St Peters. Over the four days I was there I had a chance to meet and speak with many of the students/players, their coaches, family members and even the school Principal. Without any exception, every student I met with impressed me with how well spoken they were and it was very obvious that they were not only good in athletics, but were also good students interested in getting a good education and then getting into the best colleges in the country. This is a far cry from your average high school and these kids stood head and shoulders above the others. I could not have been more impressed and I even took some time out and went to the first half of the football game. When my son was of high school age I would have been happy to send him to St John Bosco.

Posted August 03, 2014
This is a great school to attend! This school is well-rounded meaning that we excel academically, athletically, artistically, and spiritually. Academically, we have 18 APs and PLTW courses (the nation's most rigorous provider of STEM courses) and sent kids to some of the most prestigious schools in the country . Athletically, we have won the state championships in football, wrestling, and basketball. Artistically, we have an excellent music/theater program (you must go to at least one of the plays). Spiritually, this school incorporates important Christian values as well as religion as a subject. Here are the class of 2014's achievements: http://www.bosco.org/apps/news/show_news.jsp?REC_ID=382147&id=0

Posted July 15, 2014
St. John Bosco is a fantastic high school. The teachers are excellent and caring, making sure that all the students do well. Our 4 sons love Bosco and are proud to be Braves. My brothers attended back in the 1970's and it was fantastic then as well. In fact, it has only gotten better. No matter what a student is interested in, he can find something he wants to do. Some call it a sports school now, but my sons are not in sports and we did not send them there for sports. There is no better high school in this country, no matter what anyone says. If you want your sons to excel and have an advantage for life, send them to St. John Bosco High School. Simply the best. GO BRAVES!

Posted March 27, 2014
Both of my boys attended St. John Bosco High School. It is situated on a huge, beautiful campus in Bellflower, surrounded by residential neighborhoods. The original reason I wanted my boys to attend is because it is the best school in the greater Long Beach area in terms of academics, where more than 98% of graduates go on to college. Both of my boys were involved in extracurricular activities, one in athletics and another in fine arts. The interesting thing about this school is that in addition to being academically superior, Bosco also has great athletic teams, having recently won the state championship in football and wrestling. My boys loved Bosco, and made wonderful friends there. If I had more male children, I would not hesitate to send them to Bosco. It was a wonderful high school experience.

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is really great in a response to the post before mine anywhere you go will always have favorites on anything from academics to athletics. St. John Bosco is a great school and really prepares you for what is to come and in a response to the students earlier post about homework not counting you could have one student who breezes through the homework get credit, do bad on tests and have a B. On the other hand you could have a student that struggles turning things in but aces every test get a D so i really think Bosco is a fabulous school and I highly recommend it!

St. John Bosco High School 1

Posted January 29, 2014
This school has to be one of the most overrated schools I have ever seen. The discipline here is an absolute joke, all of the "athletes" can get away with any thing short of murder. The majority of the kids are horrible who care more about their sports then school( they claim academics comes first but if you are smart and clever enough you can see this is false). This brings me to my next point, they are more concerned with sports than anything else!!! The thing that gets me the most is that in math your home work doesn't count toward your grade and the teachers don't look at your work so you don't know if you are getting the lesson. So I will say this, Bosco is better than St Anthony's and other public schools(which isn't difficult to achieve) combined with the horrible kids, questionable learning practices, and the over emphasis on sports makes this school the most overrated school that brings in more praise than it rightfully deserves.

Posted October 28, 2013
My two sons graduated in the last two years and are now in college. They are both successful college students who were well prepared for higher education. They made many wonderful friends at Bosco and enjoyed their teachers tremendously. It is a supportive and warm community that is truly unique ... my third son also will attend Bosco ... we love it!!

Posted October 28, 2013
I have three boys, all of whom have different personalities, strengths and weaknesses. Each has found a place to be himself at Bosco. The school is large enough that boys of varying personalities can find friends, but not so large as to be overwhelming. There really is something here for everyone should your son choose to get involved. Academics are excellent. The teachers want each boy to succeed and all a student has to do is ask for help to get it. Most importantly, at a time when society is so permissive, I know that my sons are being taught about what is truly important - Christian values - rather than what the media values. Lastly, it is very easy for parents to get involved in the numerous school activities and "keep their finger of the pulse."

Posted October 28, 2013
St. John Bosco High School has been an excellent choice for my son. I think we have found the best of all worlds ... big enough to offer many activities and options but small enough where he can grow and become the best he can be. I am thrilled with the academic, religious and involvement opportunities that are available. I find the administration, faculty, staff and coaches to be approachable and willing to help out with individual concerns. The campus is absolutely gorgeous! I was impressed to learn that preparation for college and assistance with discerning and selecting the right college began almost from day one. We are glad to have found a strong "partner" in a school to assist in preparing our son for his future.

St. John Bosco High School 1

Posted June 21, 2013
2002 graduate- This school was mediocre and did nothing to prepare a lot of my class mates for college. Thank goodness for my college and law school. Now, I will happily donate to my post-secondary institutions and never give Bosco a dime. Overpriced and overrated. Don't send your kids there.

St. John Bosco High School
13640 Bellflower Boulevard, Bellflower, CA  90706
Last modified St. John Bosco High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. John Bosco High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top