Posted July 24, 2013
A great school. Amazing teacher to student ratio; all the more amazing when you see multiple parents helping every day in the classroom. A great learning environment, very disciplined kids. Each teacher pours out their heart for students. One thing that needs to be be pointed out is their multi-age classes where every student is treated as an individual learner. You son or daughter can go fast or not so fast, depending on what they need. You must check this school out - great tuition assistance too!

Posted June 27, 2012
Valley Christian is a school that not only pushes each child to their highest potential, but loves them for who Christ made them to be. It is a school where students can excel due to quality teachers, small class sizes, and parent involvement. Kids can be kids here and not grow up too fast. They are taught what is out in the world without having to expereince it too early. Something I have seen too often in the public schools. I always thought that I would be able to teach my kids all they need to know about Christ at home, but after hearing the stories and love for Christ my kids learn on a daily basis, I believe with all my heart that the benefits out weigh the cost of this school. It is worth every penny.

Posted August 22, 2011
Valley Christian overall is a wonderful school. My son entered V.C. in 1st grade and is now entering into the 4th. Each teacher is very different, some having patients while others do not. We've had a bad experience with one teacher who taught 2nd/3rd grade, and who wasn't a great communicator. Instead of this one particular teacher contacting me to ask if I could work with my son's silent reading skills, she instead placed him in back of the class ostersizing him from the other kids. Another dislike is at the end of each school year teachers' write a "reveiw" on your child giving next years teacher a heads up, I know this because when I asked how's my child doing they've all used the same language verbatim for the past 3yrs. regardless of the progress. This "review" puts your kid at a disadvantage with the new teacher even after the child has outgrown the hat that the 3 previous teachers gave him or her.

Posted May 29, 2011
I entered my son into VCES after experiencing deteriorating environment in the public school system (overcrowding, bullying, growing class sizes). My experience with VCES was extremely good. Manageable class sizes, differentiated teaching based on each students needs, genuine interest in each childs needs and progress, a loving, kind Christian environment and active parent participation in all phases are offered, encouraged and expected.

Posted December 10, 2009
As a parent of 3 boys at VCES and a public school managment staff member, I can tell you that this private school is absolutely the best I have ever seen. The staff enjoys serving God and their students which makes a great staff environment! One of my sons is learning disabled and they have bent over backwards to help him with extra support. There is no such thing as a perfect school but VCES is very close to it. The academics and the diversity of the student body is excellent. They have almost all of the services of a public school combined with a Christian education and environment which makes it simply the best! Don't take my word for it. Go check it out for yourself. They would love to visit with you and show you around the school.

Valley Christian Elementary School 3

Posted June 25, 2009

Valley Christian Elementary School 0

Posted March 10, 2009
I love that they teach art, music and physical education. However, I find the curriculum to be poorly administered. Teachers have the freedom to deviate and choose their own subject books that aren't always consistent. Their math book works in a circular model teaching all concepts at the same time in every chapter-some Univ. of Chicago new math concept. Most kids are bussed in and bussed out from all areas-not positive in my opinion. School grounds are clean. Christian environment that has a lot more going on than one can see. Buyer beware.

Posted August 27, 2008

Posted September 10, 2006
My son and I love this school. Everyone, parents and staff, is so nice. The test scores are extremely high, but their focus is not just on academics. They teach art, music and physical education with special teachers for each subject. Most importantly they teach children to grow in Christ-like character. They are really more like a second family!

Posted June 08, 2005
This is a wonderful school. Art, music and sports opportunities... you have it here. Mrs. Hamady, the art teacher, is great with the kids. Parents are interested & involved and dedicated to this school. Some kids are 3rd and 4th generations here. Teachers and parents are so friendly. School grounds are always clean. I am personally not crazy with math curriculum they are currently using. Introduces concepts before others (concepts) have been taught or reviewed, in my opinion. If a problem arises it is handled with effiency. All around a great school.

Valley Christian Elementary School
17408 Grand Avenue, Bellflower, CA  90706
Last modified Valley Christian Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Valley Christian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top