No rating

Notre Dame High School

Private | 9-12 | 426 students

Living in Belmont

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $830,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,640.

Posted November 25, 2013

The school has too many extra activities during the school day and not enough focus on learning.

Posted March 16, 2012

Hi, I am a current student a NDB. I am a freshman and cam from Woodside Elm. school. Woodside was a GREAT school and I am a good student and wanted to go to an academically challenging school with good teachers. I am also into art and science. I did all the shadowing, open houses, and talked to many teachers and girls who go to the school. I thought it would be a good school. Going to NDB was the WORST thing I could have done for myself. I have a 3.9 right now and am in 2 honors classes. The teachers are awful and do not stay on topic. There are not challenging writing projects, no good in class reading books, and the spanish department is the worst part of the school. The spanish teachers are hard to talk to and are not good at explaining the language. The religion classes are disrespectful. My best friend is not Catholic (unlike myself) and the teachers do not respect her beliefs. Socially, I am fine and have friends, but many of the girls I don't hang out with are mean, disrespectful, and talk behind your back. I have been called gay because I hugged my friend. That was stupid!! I have not enjoyed my time at this school and am transferring to Menlo School. One star school.

Posted January 16, 2012

I am a graduate of Notre Dame HS and could not be happier or more proud of a high school community. I always felt supported by the majority of the teachers and staff. The environment allowed me to develop a personal sense of my self without the competition of "the best" clothing and trying to impress the boys. I have developed friendships that have last years. I was pushed to work hard but I have a sister who had learning disabilities that were aided by close, open releationships with her teachers. Both of my sister and I have successful careers made easier by the valuable, tight knit community we flourished in at Notre Dame.

Posted March 24, 2010

Three daughters graduated from NDB and two daughters are college graduates with successful jobs, which can be contributed to the academic/spirit gained at NDB. The third daughter is in college.

Posted October 3, 2009

Our daughter has excelled and grown in the wonderful Notre Dame environment. She has a clear picture of her long term goals due to the great preparation and inspiration she is receiving at the school. I recommend this school wholeheartedly.

Posted February 10, 2009

Supportive environment. Small class sizes. Good sports programs. We've had a great experience with strong female VB and BB coaches. Great education. We are very happy with the single sex environment. Encourages out-spoken, confident, engaged young women.

Posted November 7, 2008

Good academic environment. Reasonable communication with parents. Single sex student body worked out well for our daughter. She was well prepared for university life. Sometimes the stated personal values are not rigorously followed.

Posted August 18, 2008

Notre Dame is an excellent school for young women. The teachers are extraordinarily caring and competent. They have high standards and they don't give grades away, but students of all abilities seem to thrive there. Our daughter is a sophomore and I've had no problem communicating with her teachers and the rest of the excellent support staff.

Posted August 4, 2008

I would not recommend this school. We believe it has been one of our biggest mistakes to have had enrolled our daughter in this school. Plus teacher parent communication is a definite ZERO. I would not recommend this school. Then we transfered her to St. Francis best school ever!

Posted September 13, 2007

Notre Dame was a rigorous school and it left me prepared to succeed at a University. I attended UC Santa Cruz and found that I was much better prepared for college than many of my colleagues coming from other high schools. I now have a masters degree and teach first grade is San Jose. I attribute much of my success to the skills I learned while at Notre Dame.

Posted November 2, 2006

As a grandparent watching the development of a grandchild, the change in her grade achievement, personal development has been a pleasure to observe. Grades, student activities, her involvement with the teachers,staff and fellow students has totally changed her attitude for the better. I have watched the school and have been very impressed with the interest of the staff to maximize her talents.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 26, 2006

Quality academics; personal, caring environment; commitment to excellence; supportive, nurturing, empowering young women for future success.

Posted May 1, 2006

Our daughter attended Notre Dame H.S. in Belmont, CA for her freshman year. It was a big mistake. One of our big criteria was academics. We had heard the school was very hard and we thought that meant scholastically high. It turned out the reason why it was so hard is that many of the kids are not that smart. The SAT scores coming out of the school are the lowest in the area. In addition, we had planned for our daughter to get spiritually enriched. Believe it or not, they did not even hold Mass on a holy day of obligation. The spirituallity is akin to a public school.

Posted April 4, 2006

Excellent academics with both Honors and AP programs available. Several seasonal sports to choose from. Excellent Parent/Teacher communication.

Posted August 10, 2005

Good, strong academic programs with many AP courses.Faculty is very supportive of students and parents and available for help. Good sports program and wonderful Visual and Performing Arts Dept. All girls Catholic school with retreat programs and liturgies that respect all faiths.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 3, 2005

There are a lot of extracurricular activities and events happening on campus during lunch, etc. The student body is really very amiable overall and the academics are very good for preparing girls for college.

Posted January 19, 2005

Notre Dame provides a wonderful environment for young women to shine academically, socially, athletically and creatively. High school is a confusing time and I cannot recommend a single-sex environment enough.

Posted November 25, 2004

yeah this school is so cool!

Posted July 27, 2004

Wonderfully nurturing, safe environment for your daughter to thrive in. She will be pushed (yet suppported)to achieve high academic standards, and will be fully prepared to enter an excellent college. An abundance of extracurricular activities to participate in as well as many opportunities for parents to be, and stay, involved in their daughter's high school experience.

Posted March 10, 2004

Absolutely outstanding education! Learn to think independently & are extremely well prepared for the most difficult colleges.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 14% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Maryann Osmond
  • All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Francisco

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1540 Ralston Avenue