9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am a graduate of Notre Dame HS class of 2008. I must say attending Notre Dame is one of the best experiences I have had. I made great friends, formed great bonds, and had an amazing learning experience. The environment is great for young women.

The school has too many extra activities during the school day and not enough focus on learning.

Hi, I am a current student a NDB. I am a freshman and cam from Woodside Elm. school. Woodside was a GREAT school and I am a good student and wanted to go to an academically challenging school with good teachers. I am also into art and science. I did all the shadowing, open houses, and talked to many teachers and girls who go to the school. I thought it would be a good school. Going to NDB was the WORST thing I could have done for myself. I have a 3.9 right now and am in 2 honors classes. The teachers are awful and do not stay on topic. There are not challenging writing projects, no good in class reading books, and the spanish department is the worst part of the school. The spanish teachers are hard to talk to and are not good at explaining the language. The religion classes are disrespectful. My best friend is not Catholic (unlike myself) and the teachers do not respect her beliefs. Socially, I am fine and have friends, but many of the girls I don't hang out with are mean, disrespectful, and talk behind your back. I have been called gay because I hugged my friend. That was stupid!! I have not enjoyed my time at this school and am transferring to Menlo School. One star school.

I am a graduate of Notre Dame HS and could not be happier or more proud of a high school community. I always felt supported by the majority of the teachers and staff. The environment allowed me to develop a personal sense of my self without the competition of "the best" clothing and trying to impress the boys. I have developed friendships that have last years. I was pushed to work hard but I have a sister who had learning disabilities that were aided by close, open releationships with her teachers. Both of my sister and I have successful careers made easier by the valuable, tight knit community we flourished in at Notre Dame.

Three daughters graduated from NDB and two daughters are college graduates with successful jobs, which can be contributed to the academic/spirit gained at NDB. The third daughter is in college.

Our daughter has excelled and grown in the wonderful Notre Dame environment. She has a clear picture of her long term goals due to the great preparation and inspiration she is receiving at the school. I recommend this school wholeheartedly.

Supportive environment. Small class sizes. Good sports programs. We've had a great experience with strong female VB and BB coaches. Great education. We are very happy with the single sex environment. Encourages out-spoken, confident, engaged young women.

Good academic environment. Reasonable communication with parents. Single sex student body worked out well for our daughter. She was well prepared for university life. Sometimes the stated personal values are not rigorously followed.

Notre Dame is an excellent school for young women. The teachers are extraordinarily caring and competent. They have high standards and they don't give grades away, but students of all abilities seem to thrive there. Our daughter is a sophomore and I've had no problem communicating with her teachers and the rest of the excellent support staff.

I would not recommend this school. We believe it has been one of our biggest mistakes to have had enrolled our daughter in this school. Plus teacher parent communication is a definite ZERO. I would not recommend this school. Then we transfered her to St. Francis best school ever!

Last modified Notre Dame High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12