K-5|Private

Bad
Good

Serendipity actually deserves 10 stars! What a hidden gem of a school. The school is a family. Every teacher, regardless of grade or subject, knows every single student, not just by name but their interests, passions, and personality. When they walk into school in the morning, teachers greet them by name, with a hug or high five, and welcome them. They are valued as individuals and as unique parts to the community. The school is small, but my kids have friends in every grade. Each grade has a "buddy grade" and they meet every week to build friendships and connections. The academics are great and a nice mix of textbook and hands-on. Each grade takes 4-6 field trips each year (3rd-5th go on overnights ranging from 1 night to 5 nights!) Students go on to excellent middle schools (Odyssey, Nueva, Girls Middle School, Alt School, Menlo....) and are more than prepared academically. Academics aside, the real gift of Serendipity is the character and warmth it cultivates in its students. It's an amazing community of great friends across all grades, led by inspiring teachers and administrators who TRULY know each child, and a warm, fun, down-to-earth collection of awesome parents. Students thrive here. I can't rave enough!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The School follows the acronym CLEAR with the R standing for Respectful Community Members. Small class sizes makes it easier for the teachers to nip potential problems in the bud. The school encourages the students to explore issues relating to honesty, integrity and fairness in an open and collaborative way.

My daughter has been at Serendipity School for over 2 years now. Overall, we have been very pleased with the experience. The school has a casual but effective atmosphere that fosters friendship, learning and enjoyment. The school encourages creativity from the students which is great for their confidence and for maintaining a joy for the learning process. The school works hard to connect with parents and responds well even to criticism. We highly recommend the school. The school is gem on the ascendancy.

We are delighted with Serendipity School! My daughter is 2/3 of the way through her kindergarten year and I cannot believe the personal and intellectual growth she has gone through! Everyone at the school gives off such a feeling of truly caring about each and every child that it brings the whole experience up to a new level.

Our son is completing his first year at Serendipity (kindergarten) and we couldn't be happier with the education being provided. He has always loved to learn and I know his interests will only grow here!

We could not be happier with Serendipity school. A perfect balance of warmth, kindness, fun, a challenging curriculum and the expectation of being a good world citizen. Differentiated learning. Great field trips. Our daughter is in 4th grade and absolutely LOVES going to school everyday!!!

My eldest graduated from Serendipity and she had a very positive experience. The teachers provided differentiated instruction and a very well rounded curriculum. The small class size was perfect for learning and the staff is so warm and welcoming. My youngest is still attending and he really enjoys school. They barely give any homework so this can be a good thing if your child has many after school activities. They really accommodate working parents allowing drop off at 7:30 and pick up by 6pm with their aftercare program.

This school has been a wonderful choice for my two children. I wish we had found it sooner! The caring community is wonderful and they are thriving both socially and academically.

I have been meaning to rate this wonderful school for some time now and this latest review has driven me to respond. I have one child currently at the school and one child who has recently graduated. My children are very different and yet they have both thrived from their education and experience at Serendipity. Yes, the teachers are amazing and yes, Serendipity makes learning fun and exciting, but I also cannot speak highly enough of the Administration. In my experience, and everyone else who I have ever spoken to, the Administration always has an open door (even for unexpected visits!) and outstanding follow through. The team is very well experienced, with many, many years of education and experience between them. I encourage people to visit the school and see for themselves.

Serendipity is a great alternative to the standard school. We have two children in the school and have been there for 4 years. The teachers are amazing!! We were really disappointed that Ms. Lisa, the former fourth grade teacher, is no longer teaching here though. She was incredible. The administration is nice but often don't follow through with what they say they are going to do. The administration lacks experience and education. Overall a great school though. Serendipity makes education fun and exciting.

Last modified Serendipity School is a Private school that serves grades K-5