Belmont, CA

Posted April 01, 2015
My daughter is thriving here. Runs to class every morning. She loves her teacher and is an enthusiastic learner.

Posted August 19, 2013
If your child is a normal leaner with no issues; this school should suit your purposes. BOA is expensive and doesn't even offer low class sizes. The issue comes in if your child has a slight learning disability. BOA will not tell you they need to go to a different school. There is no way they want to lose the tuition dollars. They will recommend specialist after specialist; all the while you are paying for this expense. If this is happening to you, tour other schools and see what they offer. You will find out when your child goes to middle school and struggles through his classes; that maybe a different environment would have been better.

Posted July 30, 2013
I have one child at Belmont Oaks and the other at Merry Moppet (they are on the same site). Here are the reasons that I have rated Belmont Oaks 5 stars: 1) My child has become a confident reader due to the fantastic reading program. She used to never read on her own and now I always find her at home tucked away with a book. 2) Fantastic student to teacher ratio. In my child's class there are two dedicated teachers for 24 kids. 2) They have regular Spanish classes taught by a dedicated Spanish teacher. 3) They have classes in using computers - so that the children feel confident using computers for learning and testing. 4) There is an in-ground pool (!) onsite such that your kids can take swimming lessons every day during the summer. My child is now an advanced swimmer because of the lessons. 5) After-school care is well-organized and attended and has a good combination of learning and fun. I work full-time, so after-care is very important to me. 6) The academics are way ahead of the public schools. My daughter learned fractions in kindergarden! 7) Collectively, the children are smart, kind, and mature. So happy with my daughter's friends!! Definitely consider this school!

Posted June 01, 2013
If you want a crisp verdict - I would suggest you to look elsewhere for the price you pay. I have two kids - for the first one we started off with merry moppet and then BOA till 2nd. We never saw any significant results. All the kids in private schools were still beginning to read at the end of kindergarten grade. We assumed that was the trend - we spoke with the teachers and we heard the same. We let it go and didn't want to push the children. But on 2nd grade I saw that the boa was just in par in math and reading with public schools in the neighbor hood - not to mention the cramped school environment, no play area, tiny winy rooms where at least public schools are better. We decided to pull my kid out in mid 2nd grade - but we couldn't unless we pay the tuition for the rest of the year ($1500/mo). So we decided to keep her in it and then move. We did move out child out - we had to move her to public school since the child was far below in math and reading compared to similar pvt schools like Stratford and challenger or other mission schools. I had to work with her for the next year to get her on par then move her back to pvt. My vote is Merry moppet and BOA are a waste of money.

Posted March 18, 2011
BOA is a safe and rewarding school. The students are taught to respect others and be responsible. Their summer program is excellent way to check out the school and is reasonably price. You can always be proud on how the BOA students behave in public. My son enjoy BOA so much that he didn t want to miss any days from school for a family Disney trip. My son attended 3rd-5th grade. We only wish that BOA would expand to 8th grade. Warning - 3rd grader s homework can be changeling, but the teachers are the BEST.

Posted March 18, 2011
I have two children at BOA. They both started in preschool and are now in 3rd grade and 5th grade respectively. First of all, the teachers are incredible. They know the whole child, all aspects. The principal is also outstanding. My children love it and we highly value the community of parents. Thank you Belmont Oaks for taking care of our children and educating them at the highest standards imaginable without the stress. It has been very fun for all of us!

Posted August 03, 2010
My wife and I have children at Merry Moppet Preschool as well as Belmont Oaks Academy for 6 years and have been nothing but impressed with both schools. The teachers and staff are very supportive of both students and parents. We feel that our children are receiving an excellent education in a loving and nurturing environment. We look forward to many more years at Belmont Oaks Academy.

Posted June 30, 2010
My daughter went to the Merry Moppet Pre-School which she loved and then went on to Belmont Oaks for Kindergarten. After only 2 weeks in school my daughter came home crrying inconsolable because she recieved a "Yellow Card" which we were not made aware of this method of discipline. When we asked her Teacher about it we were told to ask the Principal at the Open House. When we did my wife and I were lectured to in front of ALL the other parents that "Every Parent thinks their child is an angel-well let me tell you she said-They are not!" I told her that I thought she was rude and had not answered my question about the "Yellow Card" .The next day she Expelled my daughter!!! I give the Principal and the Belmont Oaks School a Red Card for zero compassion and wonder why the Principal hates children so much!

Posted March 16, 2010
I have two children currently enrolled in Kindergarten and second grade. I love the school, the teachers and the principal. The teachers are warm and caring. My second grader is an avid reader. My Kindergartner is really reading and having fun. The school is safe. They intervene with problem kids, so you don't have to put up with disruptive personalities. The parent's club and community is active. I can't say enough good things about it and our experience there.

Belmont Oaks Academy 4

Posted September 12, 2009
My son graduated from Belmont Oaks and he was very prepared for his private middle school. They do a great job of developing the kids both academically and socially. The principal knows each child by name as well as their personality. They are definately not a cookie cutter school. Can't recommend BOA enough. Great teachers and a great principal.

Belmont Oaks Academy