Mary Farmar Elementary School 4

Posted December 11, 2014
This is a great school with a very involved Principle. There are some challenges when it comes to the 4th grade teachers. I believe that there is a couple, from my experience and discussions with other parents that just need to RETIRE. There were times when my child didn't want to go to school just because of the teacher belittling them in front of the class! I spoke to parents who actually moved their kids out of the school specifically because of these teachers. It seemed like they had a huge power trip . After surviving the 4th grade my child began to love going to school again. So with that said great school, just beware of the 4th grade teachers!

Mary Farmar Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2013
It's a pretty good school though when i was there( im going to the middle school now) a lot of kids were cliquey and in my 5th grade class there was a lot of drama and the teachers tried to stop it but couldn't. And the yard duties? Please. One word: TERRIBLE. Two kids got in a fight like ten feet away from one in the direction she was facing and she just stated and did nothing while the kids were beating each other up and me and other people had to stop them. The field trips were good though

Posted March 05, 2012
Love it! This school has great administration, great teachers and great parents. I've never had a problem reaching my kids' teachers or speaking with the principal. I specifically picked Farmar because of the family-like atmosphere and diverse student body. My son experienced some difficulties earlier this year with another student and I could not be happier with the teacher's response. Still offer a great selection of after school programs.

Posted February 19, 2010
That last review is really unfortunate. We've been at Mary Farmar for 4 years (2 kids) and have always experienced the staff to be warm, dedicated, and terrific, from teachers to principal to support staff. It has a true sense of community and we've been fortunate to be part of the Mary Farmar family!

Mary Farmar Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2009
While my child is doing fairly well, and the environment 'seems' like an open and welcoming set-up, the Teachers are largely unavailable before and after school due to their being over-scheduled for yard duties. And trying to talk to the principal is pretty much pointless because she will never squeeze a few minutes out of her busy schedule for parents that actually show up and care about their children s education. If you are the invisible parent and don't ask questions your child will be fine.

Posted March 05, 2009

Posted January 30, 2009
I have had an opportunity to attend all of the elementary schools in Benicia due to transfers and summer school and I can say by far Mary Farmar is the most diverse. It not only has a caring staff and dedicated teachers it has a well rounded community of parents from all socio economic backgrounds. That is what I want for my two children. I found that two of the other schools placed to much emphasis on test scores and performance on did not value the individural child. Mary Farmar is a family. They make each child feel welcomed and appreciated. The do an excellent job of adding erichment to the school with jazzercise, fencing, spanish and french and cooking for kids. I can't say how proud I am to be a Falcon Family!!!

Posted May 22, 2008
I love this school. I have 2 children who currently attend Farmar & they have showed to be great students. The teachers are great & the parent involvement at the school is excellent. I can't wait to enroll my other 2 children (when the time comes) at Farmar. I also love the fact that the classes are not over crowded.

Mary Farmar Elementary School 0

Posted May 22, 2007
Wow, what a great experience this past year has been. Our daughter is about to finish her kindergarten year at Mary Farmar. We have been so pleased with the professional, kind, organized and experience staff at this school. All of the kindergarten teachers (as well as the first grade teachers) are warm and fuzzy while commanding and teaching respect. This school is just like the elementary I went to when I was a kid. The parents are very involved and there is absolutely no 'keep up with the Jones'' going on here. The principal, Mrs. Sullivan has a very strong and positive presence. We couldn't be more pleased.

Posted October 30, 2006

Mary Farmar Elementary School
901 Military West, Benicia, CA  94510
Last modified Mary Farmar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Farmar Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top