436 students|Benicia Unified

Bad
Good

Posted October 08, 2015
I love this school! So glad I moved to this neighborhood. They encourage college and school spirit daily and the new principal, Mrs. Thompson & Miss Dutrow have been WONDERFUL.

Robert Semple Elementary School 2

Posted March 25, 2015
The teachers seem to not care much about their students. They are visually underpaid and therefore working more than 1 job which severely minimizes their availability for current students and parents. I wouldn't recommend sending your child to this school. I have brought up concerns about my child early on, only for teachers and administration to brush me off because they are too busy.

Posted April 02, 2014
I have a first grader at this school. He really enjoys his class and his teacher. The library program is a great tool for the students. I am glad there are programs like second step and others to help children that need a little more attention. the science night was a great experience. Ms. Chapman is a great instructor. The school is lucky to have her. This is our first year. The only bad thing i would say is that parking, pickup and drop off are extremely difficult. Also, I wish children had full recess periods instead of the quick 15 minute recesses so that the children could participate in an organized sport. My son doesn't get the energy out that he needs to get out so that he can do better in class.

Posted July 29, 2011
I went to Robert Semple K-5 it was the best years of my life. The staff was amazing & very friendly. When i got to 5th grade i could not wait to go to BMS (Benicia Middle School). i have had the worst years of my life here. at least the elementary schools were great, its a bummer the middle school and high school isnt!

Posted January 25, 2011
We love our school and our teachers. The parents are wonderful and pull together for the benefit of our children. Great community!

Posted May 25, 2010
My son has completed Kindergarten and Grade One at Robert Semple. I simply can not imagine a better experience. Both teachers were absolutely fantastic! They have provided him with an excellent academic foundation. He is reading far beyond his grade level and his math skills are great. Both teachers treated their students with love and respect and had an uncanny ability to bring out the best in each child. The school is very family oriented. Parents are welcome in the classroom and younger siblings are able to come with you to volunteer.

Posted April 18, 2010
Robert Semple is a community school in every sense of the word We are truly a family. Every parent, child, teacher and support staff work as a cohesive unit. Semple Rocks and has been selected a CALIFORNIA DISTINGUISED SCHOOL for the third time. GO DRAGONS!

Posted March 10, 2010
I love the school! The 4th grade team is very very wonderful, I wish all the staff was as good. The principal is not great. I really question how he got the job. Very family friendly and the kids are happy.

Posted September 17, 2009
Our staff and parents are very caring and supportive. Our kids give great hugs and warm smiles

Posted January 12, 2006
My son has been to 3 of the Benicia schools now. I just love Robert Semple, and due to a change in demographics my son now has to go to Matthew Turner. Just because MT has more money in their students and parents certainly doesn't make them a better school. On the contrary, Robert Semple was awesome. It was a family type atmosphere with an awesome, involved, principal. Every event they sponsored was well done, the entire school was friendly and helpful. I recommend Robert Semple to anyone.

2015 East Third Street, Benicia, CA  94510-2206
Last modified Robert Semple Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.