Posted August 06, 2014
I also disagree with the post written on 11/6/2013. St. Dominic's is a fabulous school. My child just finished 4th grade this year and we have nothing but wonderful things to say about the teacher. She is loving, full of faith, and very nurturing. I hope my child has many more teachers like her in the future. We are sad to leave her!!

Posted March 19, 2014
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with the review posted 11/6/13. I have had four kids at St. Dominic's and all of them have loved it. One of my kids had the new fourth grade teacher her first year teaching and we all think she is absolutely wonderful! The fifth grade teacher is great as well. The students are expected to step up and take on more personal responsibility as they progress in years and that can be frustrating for kids and parents. Additionally, academic grades often drop a little when students get into higher grade levels because the work IS tougher and the students are having to learn more independence and responsibility. The class sizes ARE large, but the teachers & aids have control of them -- class size means nothing, I've witnessed the lack of control in public school classrooms with 20 kids in them; the public school teachers have less recourse to deal with problem kids, it's as simple as that. The priests ALL make a concerted effort to get to know the kids and are very approachable, my kids enjoy talking to them. There isn't a school in the world that will have universal popularity among students and parents, but St. Dominic's comes close.

St. Dominic 1

Posted November 06, 2013
Terrible...you never see the principal...she hides in her office...doesn't return emails. No focus on reading in Kindergarten...1st grade teachers ok...2nd grade has the best...3rd grade is good...new teacher in 4th is awful and so is the aide. 5th grade...just as bad as fourth. So, yes it starts out good....then just wait.....you will see.

Posted October 20, 2013
This is my first year at St. Dominc school and so far I am very pleased with the school. The teachers and principal are great.

Posted September 27, 2013
We love this school. Everyone is like family. My son loves all the teachers and his friends. From day one everyone from staff to parents have made us feel welcomed.

Posted September 26, 2013
Fantastic school! Son loves the teachers and the overall feel of the school. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted September 24, 2013
Our daughter started Kindergarten last month and for the first couple of weeks she cryed. The teacher mrs vicki willard as well as her aide made my daughter relax and shortly after that stopped crying. Our son graduated from St Dominic's in 2000 and enjoyed it very much. He learned alot about values and morals and met very many great other students that till this day remain friends. St Dominics is more of a family than just a school that or children go to daily from 8 to 3.The teachers our son had were great and he learned alot from them. There are still a few of them there and I hope our daughter feels the same about her upcoming teachers. She thinks mrs willard is wonderful. "She plays cool music" Chloe says. She enjoys music, spanish, and recess. She also enjoys going to Mass on First Fridays with her 8th grader. I love the way on Mondays chloe gets homework for the whole week and it all is due on Friday. That way if you have plans one night she could do 2 nights worth prior. Has already been to 1 birthday party with the whole class another one this weekend. 1 family is planning a movie night on a friday evening for the class. similar family dynamics as ours. Love SDS

Posted September 24, 2013
My children all 3 go to this school, and it is a great community environment. We love it, I have one in junior high and two in elementary.

Posted September 24, 2013
The emphasis is not only on a great education, but on making the kids into better all around people who love and respect each other and God.

Posted September 24, 2013
Great school! My daughter loves going to school everyday! Parent involvement is encouraged. Please check the school!

St. Dominic