Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers have high regard for the students abilities and promote excellence by supporting the student with staying on track with their own goals. Each student defines success for themselves. The teachers discuss strengths as much as they do weaknesses.

Amount of homework: Agree

My son does about an hour and a half of homework a night, except for weekends and test days/weeks.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are in charge of their education and held responsible by facilitating their own parent teacher conferences. Explored in those conferences are the students goals, what the student needs from staff and parent to achieve those goals and barriers that student has control over.

My son attends this school and I LOVE the way he has developed as a student and has become a more social, confident human being. I Love the organization, the open communication between students, teachers and parents. The atmosphere is once of acceptance NOT tolerance and there are ample opportunities for the students to step out of themselves and explore other interests and cultures. GREAT school! Excellent STAFF!

Terrible! I mean terrible don't send your children to realm when I walk. Inside of there I don't feel as if I am at a middle school it feels like I'm at a day care. Since also about 75% if the students are latino so about 25% of the time teachers student staff speaks Spanish. At that school they don't learn standards. The school had about 30 $2,000 computers but can't afford to give my son a class that feels like a class all of the classes are super deformed because the school wasn't meant to be a school it's an old abandon warehouse. My saids he never heard teachers curse so much because teacher curse at that school with no hesitation. The students about 50% of them are there only because they were super bad at there old school and there parents thought it was the school but it was really them. So they send them to realm. Also the school is tiny there is no freedom for the kids. Final verdict don't send your child here it's terrible terrible.

We going to move back to CA and I'm looking for good school for my first grade and sixth grade boys and I think this will be the best for them

My daughter has been at Realm since they opened in the Fall of 2011. We have experienced passionate, high quality, teachers and state of the art education. My daughter has developed a love for learning and taken advantage of extra AP classes in literature & science. REALM offers Mandarin, as well as a class called Studio H, taught by architects that have trained at Harvard & Rhode Island School of Design. Project based learning, design challenges, peer teaching, small classes, exceptional passionate teaching staff have all made REALM a top choice for our family.

Last year I took a leap of faith and enrolled three boys in grades 6, 8 and 9. I have never been so happy with a school. The staff and administration are caring and competent professionals who actually "see" each kid. If education for you means more than just teaching to test and if character building and a progressive, challenging curriculum are important to you, REALM is the place to be.

REALM Charter Middle School has given my twelve year old grandson a different view of teaching and learning. The teachers are wonderful: young, energetic and committed. The teachers and staff have many different skin tones which may not seem like something to mention but it is a capsule of how the world looks. People should know that the Executive Director is a smart, forward-thinking man with the belief that all children deserve the best education. The principal is caring and firm and definitely invested in success. I like that the students have different teachers for each subject plus an advisory. I know switching up things is important for a middle school boy, already on the brink of puberty.

I'm a parent of a 6th grader and we love Realm. What I like most is the teacher communication- weekly emails and we know how well he is behaving by signing in Class Dojo. It's small school with big ideas. They are making the coolest library too!

Last modified Realm Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.