Bad
Good

Realm Charter Middle School 1

Posted March 04, 2015
Terrible! I mean terrible don't send your children to realm when I walk. Inside of there I don't feel as if I am at a middle school it feels like I'm at a day care. Since also about 75% if the students are latino so about 25% of the time teachers student staff speaks Spanish. At that school they don't learn standards. The school had about 30 $2,000 computers but can't afford to give my son a class that feels like a class all of the classes are super deformed because the school wasn't meant to be a school it's an old abandon warehouse. My saids he never heard teachers curse so much because teacher curse at that school with no hesitation. The students about 50% of them are there only because they were super bad at there old school and there parents thought it was the school but it was really them. So they send them to realm. Also the school is tiny there is no freedom for the kids. Final verdict don't send your child here it's terrible terrible.

Realm Charter Middle School 3

Posted July 31, 2014
We going to move back to CA and I'm looking for good school for my first grade and sixth grade boys and I think this will be the best for them

Posted April 30, 2014
My daughter has been at Realm since they opened in the Fall of 2011. We have experienced passionate, high quality, teachers and state of the art education. My daughter has developed a love for learning and taken advantage of extra AP classes in literature & science. REALM offers Mandarin, as well as a class called Studio H, taught by architects that have trained at Harvard & Rhode Island School of Design. Project based learning, design challenges, peer teaching, small classes, exceptional passionate teaching staff have all made REALM a top choice for our family.

Posted April 30, 2014
Last year I took a leap of faith and enrolled three boys in grades 6, 8 and 9. I have never been so happy with a school. The staff and administration are caring and competent professionals who actually "see" each kid. If education for you means more than just teaching to test and if character building and a progressive, challenging curriculum are important to you, REALM is the place to be.

Posted April 30, 2014
REALM Charter Middle School has given my twelve year old grandson a different view of teaching and learning. The teachers are wonderful: young, energetic and committed. The teachers and staff have many different skin tones which may not seem like something to mention but it is a capsule of how the world looks. People should know that the Executive Director is a smart, forward-thinking man with the belief that all children deserve the best education. The principal is caring and firm and definitely invested in success. I like that the students have different teachers for each subject plus an advisory. I know switching up things is important for a middle school boy, already on the brink of puberty.

Posted April 30, 2014
I'm a parent of a 6th grader and we love Realm. What I like most is the teacher communication- weekly emails and we know how well he is behaving by signing in Class Dojo. It's small school with big ideas. They are making the coolest library too!

Posted April 30, 2014
REALM has provided an amazing opportunity for our family. The teaching and administrative staff is committed to the success of every student, holding students to high standards and not giving up on students who need extra help. They have been available to help my son overcome behavioral challenges, setting appropriate limits and immediately acknowledging his efforts to improve with warmth and confidence in his ability to succeed. The school is welcoming to a diverse student body. The enthusiasm and dedication of the teachers is impressive and they work hard to engage students in the learning process. As a relatively new school, with students coming from a wide geographic area, the process of building community among parents, students and staff is a work in progress, with a committed effort by a team of parents and the staff to continue moving forward in this process.

Posted April 21, 2014
REALM Charter School is an innovative public school option that we feel very fortunate to have our son attend. It's a dynamic, project-based, small school with remarkably communicative, caring and talented teachers. The school is lively and inviting -- the energy and enthusiasm infectious the moment one walks in the door. The school motto is more than just a phrase, it encompasses the philosophy and attitude of the entire staff: Love / Grit / Action.

Posted October 23, 2013
Now in our second year at REALM Charter School, we are very pleased overall with the teaching staff, admin. staff and the other families. The vision of Victor Diaz is coming to fruition, slowly but surely. And while that road is sometimes rough, it is the intention and that vision that keep us at REALM. I sat in class with my son all day one day last year, and while he didn't like that, the teachers were amazing. They kept their cool when it would have been easy to yell, they clarified understanding, they made learning fun, they adapted their message to a few students who weren't getting 'it'. Phenomenal teaching staff!

Realm Charter Middle School
2023 8th Street, Berkeley, CA  94710
Last modified Realm Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Realm Charter Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top