K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have kids in 2nd and K grades. This school was a wonderful surprise to us. My wife and I were often having discussions about what type of education we wanted for our kids: public or private. Both have some pros and cons. After 3 years at the Madeleine, I can say this is the perfect mixed. You have an amazing community supporting the school and teachers. Parents and staff do care about the success of each student! I love the fact that there is a huge emphasis on social responsibility and caring for one another. The diversity on this school is great, after all it is located in Berkeley. Some additional notes: The librarian is amazing! my kids love going to the library and get a great book! Technology support is outstanding. Kids can access new Mac's and iPads. Schools uses schoolspeak.com to send info out and track hours, events, etc... and they have a great App. Mary the exec. secretary is GREAT. if you are curious about the Madeleine, call the front office and ask for anything... something relevant or not, the answer will always be a pleasant "I'll take care of you" attitude. Go an visit the Madeleine, you will not be disappointed.

I have three sons at School of the Madeleine (8th, 4th and 2nd grade) and they have all attended since Kindergarten. This is a gem of a school in North/Central Berkeley. It is Catholic school - with a very progressive and warm spirit that makes welcome families of all faiths and backgrounds. The principal, Ken Willers, and the teachers and staff are top-notch! Educators are caring, supportive and provide students a nurturing and structured environment that truly readies students to succeed in high school and beyond. The fact that it is a K-8 school is such a help to the middle school students as they grow academically and socially and gives them a firm foundation from which to grow into adolescence. The school is academically rigorous, yet encourages an attitude of community service and social responsibility that sets it apart from many other schools. This is not a one-size-fits all school - gifted students, special-needs students, and everyone in between are treated with the utmost care and specialized attention. This is a wonderful school for kids to learn and grow and it has also enriched my life as a parent.

I did not get what this school was about. To be quite frankly, I've noticed people coming because of the computers. For me that would be a big mistake. I have heard people say ''I am going to the School of the Madeleine!''. And yes I can see they are very excited. But they're probaly excited because they get to use expensive coputers.

We love this school. We just started here with our first grader, and so far so great. The school spirit is amazing. They start every morning with assembly and then end with shouting the school motto, 'Be good to one another, and pass it on'. It fires everyone up. The first grade feature two very caring teachers, and great Spanish teacher. They get P.E., art, science, math, reading, and lots of fun. Our daughter has made many friends and our fellow parents are great. The principal is great and cheerfully greats parents by name. The campus is gorgeous and centrally located. They even have a great hot lunch program, which is affordable and you can order online. We love it. Five STARS Plus.

I am very pleased with School of the Madeleine, especially the principal's commitment to quality academics and fostering a sense of community.

I have all three of my sons at the School of the Madeleine (grades 6, 2 and K). We have been at the school for 7 years since my oldest was in Kindergarten. Every year we are there, I find myself more grateful for the wonderful education and values that the school gives to my children. The principal and entire faculty are top-notch and all go above and beyond. Kids get a very well-rounded education at a very affordable cost. The teachers make a genuine effort to assist students who need extra help and truly are partners with the student and their families. The student body and families are quite diverse, very warm, down-to-earth and committed to their children's education as well as moral development. The school is Catholic, but there are plenty of non-Catholic families and students of all faith backgrounds are welcome and respected at this amazing school.

This school is too small and has poor teachers.

Last modified School Of The Madeleine is a Private school that serves grades K-8