PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supervision is sorely lacking, we've has issues for years and only stayed based on how close it was to school. Young, just out of high school care givers, with no higher education thay yields high staff turnover. The facility itself is very uncared for and the carpets are dirty. Way better schools with newer classrooms and teachers with years of experience. Go elsewhere!

The only "great" thing about this school is that it is conveniently located. Everything else, is below average. Many parents pull their children out of this school program and there are new staff members every couple months after one leaves. Children need consistency and this school does not offer that. There are many local places that offer better care and do not make you worry whether your child is getting nurtured appropriately.

We've have attended other private day cares in the desert and this one by far is the worst one we've been apart of. Lack of staff care and consideration, not enough staff members per teacher to child ratio, older toys that need to be replaced with newer equipment, etc. Staff lacks higher education, and are taught very passive methods of dealing with sharing, communication, conflict...i.e. "let's redirect."

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My child was bullied here and nothing was done regarding the bullies.

My 2 daughters are attending BDLC for their second year now. I'm very pleased with the diversity of teachers, with all types of personalities. It's important to me that my children are exposed to all different types of people. I'm weary of the schools where every teacher is hyper-enthusiastic as this is not a representation of the real world. Each of my daughters have formed lasting and loving bonds with their teachers, and are enriched every day by their interaction with them.

My child attended this preschool for the first time and I can truly say that I think they need to reassess who they hire. The front desk staff is friendly , however the teachers not so much. Teachers weren't enthusiastic and never captured my child's interest . I do feel that they have a good program , sadly Bermuda Dunes learning Center was not a good fit for my child. Unfortunately , I would not recommend this school to anyone.

My children currently attend BDLC, I can say first hand that there is a good amount of teachers who do an exceptional job. However, there are a handful of teachers who are very unprofessional; they are gossipy, lack proper etiquette when speaking to parents (myself), and lack accountability. Most of the staff in the front office are friendly and can be very helpful, but I will say that those who work with numbers do better with that than with people.

The teachers are not paying attention to the children. My husband and I would stay and watch our four year old before they would go into class time. Several times the children are fighting and there are some kids that bully or snatch toys from the others kids and the teachers are unaware. They are too busy talking. Classroom wasn't that great. Smells awful. Don't be fooled by the friendly staff in the front office. Just because they are accredited doesn't mean they're great. I was very disappointed.

BDLC has a safety communication policy and all families receive an ouch report for injuries that occur at school. Most often families receive a courtesy call in addition to the ouch report for any injury leaving a mark or bruise, especially on the head or face. Our two year old classrooms are at a 1:6 ratio with twelve children and two staff members. Our administration is always available to speak with families regarding any concerns, issues, or needs.

The teacher for the 2 year old, belittled my 2.5 yr old. There are too many children in the small classrooms. My son had a swollen lip with a scrape. He is on 11 months. I was never informed. I would not recommend this school.

Last modified Bermuda Dunes Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-K