No rating

Page School-Beverly Hills

Private | K-6 | 36 students

Living in Beverly Hills

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $900,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,210.

Posted March 11, 2013

My daughter has just started school at the Beverly HIlls, Page Private School location. I am not only impressed with schools cleanliness, academics, teachers and staff, and the principal. I love it! My daughter LOVES it and we are looking forward to a phenomenal academic progression for years to come.

Posted August 29, 2012

My 2 year-old daughter has been enrolled in Page for only a few months and I absolutely love it. I am amazed at everything she learns there. I love when she randomly starts singing her ABC's, the days of the week, or tells me something I didn t know she knew; such as shapes and colors. The teachers I ve met are exceptional and clearly care about the students. It works great for my family and look forward to enrolling my second daughter as soon as she s able.

Posted August 8, 2012

As the last reviewer mentioned, this school works out for some families, and for others it does not. and that may not be the school's fault. My child has attended this school for more than 3 years and while it is far from perfect, - some teachers are definitely stronger than others, overall it is a good educational nvironment. What I find is that the parents and families often expect much more from a private school for their children simply because they are paying. They expect children to simply excel without getting involved themselves. The parents are often highly competitive among each other as well without regards for the kids. The school is very small, so I see parents who dislike something about a teacher's methods share opinions and air grievances publicly without giving the teacher a chance to even explain or work with their child. When you choose to diminish a teacher in front of your own children, whether you are right or not, diminishes the role that teacher has to be able to successfully teach your child. Private school unlike public school provides parents with a choice, but I feel the parents are always responsible in the end for their child's academic success.

Posted May 27, 2012

For some families this school works out....for others it does not. I am a former grade school teacher, high school teacher, junior college instructor and a retired college professor. Academicallly, in part, I hold a Masters Degree in Teaching from the Whitworth College Graduate School in Spokane, Washington, and a Doctorate Degree. For the last 40 years I worked as a teacher and in educational administration. My son went to Page Private School in Garden Grove, California, for five years, and in retrospect, it was a big mistake enrolling him at this school. He subsequently transferred to another private school wherein he did good academically, and loved his teachers/environment. Page has an absolutely excellent teacher with Mrs. Baylock. However, other faculty members are most questionable. (I formally filed complaints with the Calfifornia Department of Education concerning two "teachers" who were then team teaching my son.) As aforesaid, for families....this school works out....for others...it is not the case. In my opinion, Page Private School in Garden Grove, California, is far from being a good school and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Posted March 23, 2011

My daughter is no longer in this school for so many reason's she is now in 6th grade and has nothing good to say about this school. She does mention alot that her 1st grade teacher Mrs Blaylock was rude to her students and was not helpful and would get irritated when one of the children would ask for help. She had no patience in teaching her students. I think the reason is because she is too busy attending to her 2 kids that also attend that school. She should be fired!

Posted October 12, 2010

I had 2 boys that attended Page in Garden Grove and I absolutely felt that the teachers and principal care deeply for the students. My youngest was in Pre-K there and I believe the core they set for him has helped him to exceed in Kindergarten this year. I was very sad when my ex decided to take them out of Page. Would recommend to any parent.

Posted May 12, 2010

I am not pleased with this school, the 3rd to 6th grade only has one teacher and maybe another part time teacher. Its terrible, the principle does not care or call back when you have an issue. I could go on about this school but I am spending time now looking for a descent private school with a good curuculum. They are finally closing the upper elementary portion because its not working. The only good thing is that the teachers were nice.

Posted July 8, 2009

I absoulutly love this school , my son attends the Garden Grove campus. Their classes are small and well organized. Pricing is high but the student / teacher ratio is wonderful and well worth the premium. Campus is small and secure, the teachers are caring and take pride in their students.

Posted May 8, 2009

Administration have a lack of responsiveness. Overall school practices are far behind the curve. Public schools and faith based schools are quickly leaving this organization in the dust. Beware and do your research.

Posted September 2, 2008

I am very disappointed with this school, the prices are ridiculously high. They charge double for everything. When we signed up my 3 year old daughter they failed to mention all the additional fees that are not included in the tuition. The book fees for a pre-K student are higher than what you would pay for books at a Cal state University!!! However the school and curriculum is ok for a Beverly Hills school, definitely not worth the Money! We will be taking my kid out next year, books and fees should be included in the tuitions monthly price, it is already high enough.

Posted January 14, 2008

My child has attended Page Private School since Pre-school and now she is in 5th grade. We are so happy with the changes: New Director, upgrades in the office and playground. My child loves going to school every day. staff is all very proffesional and loving to all kids. Older kids are also very loving and respectful to smaller children. We love this new envoronment!

Posted July 12, 2007

I called the corporate office of Page because I had some concerns about certain issues at the school - issues I never even got a chance to discuss because I was told that the president does not speak to parents, he pays people to speak to the parents so that he doesn't have to. This type of attitude is prevalent in both Hancock Park and Beverly Hills campuses. Decide for yourself if you want to send your child to a school with this type of callous attitude. My child has been at both campuses and I will be taking her out.

Posted April 12, 2007

Our child, currently in kindergarten, has attended Page since Pre-K. The teachers he has had (and their assistants) are wonderful, warm-hearted people who truly love children. We are pleased with the balance of academics and playtime. He is also enrolled in an after-school basketball program once a week, and can now dribble with the best of 5-year-olds! We checked out several schools prior to placing our son at Page, but none accommodated our schedule. As full-time working parents, the extended before- and after-school hours are crucial! We love the fact that our son can read! We were so pleased when he read us his first book, Nat at Bat, several few months ago. That was completely the result of what he learned in school. Now he is learning clock time and counting money, and reading Dr. Seuss at night. Cons: small, crowded campus & not inexpensive. Overall: Thumbs up!

Posted November 24, 2006

The school is located on a busy intersection. The director not only dresses inappropriate,he is also the least educated person in the entire school. Take a tour and you will see for yourself! I am looking for a different environment for my child.

Posted October 30, 2006

I don't know why they keep the director of this school. I love the rest of the staff everyone is nurturing and loving. This school has great potential.

Posted August 25, 2006

Owners of the school need to realize that if they charge so much money, they need to provide quality education to students. This one of the requirements for the public schools, and Page is suppose to be better. With changes Page has a great potential. I hope owners read these comments and learn from their mistakes. I am taking my child out this year.

Posted August 22, 2006

I loved Page for pre-k and kinder, but after that it's not great at all, in particular based on the cost. I do not know if the teachers are certified; there is no way to reach the owner or main office as the principal doesn't allow it. Many of the teachers do not speak English correctly - during my second-grader's Parent-Teacher conference, the word 'leaf' was mis-spelled on the black board as 'LEAFE'! This is not the foundation I want my child to receive. My child has difficulty understanding her teacher's accent; there are no after-school activities; the summer camp is a joke...greatly promoted but none of what is advertised is actually done. The good teachers have left and those that are left do not have the experience or skill that is needed and are overwhelmed by too many students and no Teacher's Aides.

Posted October 20, 2005

My daughter attended this school for PreSchool and for Kindergarten. I found that it gave her a strong foundation as it was a very academic Pre-School. If your child does not respond well to repetition and structure, this will not be the place for them but if you want a place with strong foundation in rote letter, number and basic preschool fact learning this is it.

Posted September 1, 2005

Page school is a great daycare center. It's very convenient for parents that need somene to take care of their children all day long. If you are looking for a school with high educational standards, qualified administaration and teachers, come in take a tour, and see if this school is what you are looking for.

Posted April 26, 2005

Wonderful facility, great approach to education, warm & welcoming staff, ... looking forward to starting Fall 2005!

Asian or Pacific Islander 6% 11%