Beverly Hills, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 30, 2014
My child is happy at Good Shepherd and that to me is very important. The students care about each other and are always well-behaved. We look forward to more years in this school.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is awesome with the new principal. They have an excellent sports program, and every year, the eighth grade puts on a play directed by the eighth grade teacher, Mrs. Widmann. This year, it was The Sound of Music. Also, the music program is extraordinary, and the school got a new tech upgrade, too! Now, every student has a school MacBook pro of their own, and the younger kids get iPads! Excellent School. Bring your children here.

Good Shepherd Catholic School 3

Posted March 19, 2014
I am very concerned. On one hand, my child is happy at this school - the children are sweet and sociable. On the flip side - I have to look at the evidence of children who are being tested against other schools - that they are more than a year behind curriculum and critical thinking wise. What are the reasons for this? I know that there is hardly any emphasis on science, critical thinking skills, creative writing or problem solving. The administration needs to look outwards at other schools for standards. Figure out why the country is moving towards common core (for critical thinking skills). And not just inwards. Because standards at the moment do appear comparatively low.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 20, 2014
Took a tour and fell in love with the school tucked away in this lovely neighborhood....their kids are in some awesome high schools and we can't wait to start in the fall!

Posted February 10, 2014
We pulled our son out of Wonderland (LAUSD) this year and enrolled him in Good Shepherd. We are so pleased and wish we had done it sooner. The teachers, principal and academics have all been extraordinary, and my son already has many good friends.

Posted January 16, 2014
Love, Love this school! I feel so connected to my child's classwork, staff and principal. Everyone is accessible. My child could not wait to sign up for the minecraft class after school. The athletic director is awesome! My son has been on the football team and the basketball team and has learned so much about being a team player and developed friendships outside of the classroom. His teacher understands him as an individual and works with him to achieve his best academically.

Posted August 22, 2013
Beautiful school! The teachers are so involved and care so much. We have been so happy here.

Posted July 02, 2013
If you want your children to have a good peer group, you could not pick a better school. I have two kids here and I have to say that every time we take them on a field trip someone comments on how well behaved they are. They are all so kind and thoughtful and the school's emphasis on service probably has a lot to do with it. I really couldn't pick a better environment for my kids. They have made some great friendships here, as have I since the families are wonderful!

Posted May 16, 2013
Teachers care, intimate environment, fantastic experience! We are at this gem of a school for the citizenship and morals that are taught and expected from PK-8. Every single child that attends here is so respectful, kind and eager to help...ALL THE TIME!! The academics are top notch, although they come secondary to service. They have small classroom sizes. This fosters a positive, warm environment where teachers and staff are able to focus on the individual students and truly cultivate them as people. The junior high teachers are phenomenal...(other grades too, but it is so apparent in the grade 6-8 students.) The 8th grade teacher has been there for many years and is incredible. The entire eighth grade class got into their 1st choice high schools. The graduating students participate in an annual musical...it's awesome seeing even the boys get involved and play a part! Our kids are so happy here!

Posted May 16, 2013
This school has been around for over 80 years and it is still going strong. It has gone through some rough patches and has weathered the storm bravely and fiercely. It has suffered many setbacks due to economic and financial strains. Yet, it is still standing brightly in the midst of a secular environment. Currently, the school is ushering in a new principal that will lead and guide it in a new direction through innovation, technological advancement and theatre/art. Also, this school is committed to building strong relationships with the commmunity, and it is dedicated to providing service activities to the less fortunate. Also, the school is building up its sports program that will eventually produce some great athletes. Through the dedication and hard work of some visionary teachers, the sports program will evolve and include a variety of sports. Overall, this school is worth looking into becasue it is a force to be reckoned with. Given the limited resources and the overall layout of its premises, it has the ability to endure and attract.

Good Shepherd Catholic School
148 South Linden Drive, Beverly Hills, CA  90212
Last modified Good Shepherd Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Good Shepherd Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top