Beverly Hills, CA

Posted November 26, 2014
Excellent, professional, caring teaching and administrative staff. The staff and teachers are enthusiastic and passionate, and are encouraged to be creative using a variety of modalities in order to spark learning. The atmosphere is organized and supportive - not at all chaotic. Great for kids who need structure and security to thrive. I am also impressed by Hillel's very welcoming and warm parent community. Definitely worth checking out.

Posted October 18, 2014
Extremely disappointed. The administration doesn't respect parents at all. The people who work in the administration are the rudest people you could imagine. They also split classrooms by different nationalities. There is a huge discrimination in every way at Hillel. They consider applications differently according to different nationalities. The other bad reviews about Hillel are completely true. Choose another Jewish Day School, and DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND YOUR MONEY WITH HILLEL.

Posted September 07, 2014
As an Alumni of Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy, I can tell you that it was the worst experience I ever had. I was bullied in 6th grade by almost all the kids in the class. The administration didn't do anything about it. The teachers didn t either. Everyone was rude to my parents. Look for another Jewish Orthodox school because Hillel is REALLY BAD IN EVERY WAY.

Posted September 05, 2014
I should have listened to all the warnings. My child will certainly not attend this school.

Posted September 04, 2014
Hillel is a school which is HUNGRY for money. The administration is VERY RUDE. The school is like a shop. They think that they are selling you a product. They don't care about the children and families. They just want MONEY. The administration as a whole is very rude to parents. They just respect you if you give them MONEY. Whenever a parent calls with a concern, they always say "They are in a meeting" so that they can avoid you altogether. This is a school which doesn't care about Jewish values. The head of school is never available to talk to parents who are concerned about any matter. They say " He is in a meeting." They only want very rich people because they just want MONEY but nobody knows where all that money goes to. My friend warned me about this school. He told me" Hillel is only about money." I should have listened to him, but I will look for an alternative Jewish Orthodox school because I don't want to deal with a rude administration which doesn't respect parents at all, and which only cares about MONEY. If I could, I would give Hillel ZERO stars. Very disappointed. DO NOT GO TO HILLEL.

Posted November 26, 2013
I have all three of my children in Hillel since mommy and me. My oldest is in Eight grade doing work above his grade. I have never encountered anything negative about the staff and the administration. When we were going through a hard time they were there to help our family through it. the whole school feels like a big family, and my kids truly enjoy going to school.

Posted July 02, 2013
Hillel continues to provide a very child-centered program to my children. Both of my children are in elementary school and have become such good students because of the Singapore Math program and now Responsive Classroom techniques like Morning Meeting. They love their teachers and friends. They begin their day with a welcoming Morning Meeting and RUN to school EVERY day. Kudos to Mr. Tremblay who brought these excellent programs. He was an excellent role model for my two children and they adore him. Two thumbs up. And, the Torah studies...couldn't be better. The Hebrew program is strong.

Posted August 02, 2012
Nothing but a day-care center for middle school kids! They learn absolutely nothing in this school, all the school cares is money, the teachers don't care if your kid learn or not as long as the salary will keep on coming. What a disappointment and waist of time and money this school was!! Do yourself a favor; if you want your kid to lear, look for somewhere else. My other kids will not enter this so called "school", will look for other alternatives.

Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy 2

Posted July 05, 2012
There are serious issues with administration, the way they handle just about everything. It's almost like they try to avoid parents' concerns. Once the sale is made, there is no customer service. Hillel is very big on advertising themselves and making appearance, they make you feel that your child will get some exceptional education, but nothing special in reality. Most importantly, school doesn't bring community together, b/c of lack of spiritual leadership.

Posted July 05, 2012
I completely agree with a negative review here. I should have listened to the warnings...

Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy
9120 West Olympic Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA  90212
Last modified Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Harkham Hillel Hebrew Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top