Big Bear Lake, CA

Big Bear Middle School 2

Posted July 28, 2013
As a previous BBMS student I do feel the need to inform parents intending to send their children to this school of a few things. Yes I did feel the staff was genuinely looking after the best interest of the students, but the staff can only do so much. Especially for students who are new to the district, or for those of us who were more interested in the arts than sports or student government, the students at this school can be unbelievably cruel. I and all of my friends, and our siblings after us, experienced first hand the dark side of the clique-run social system, as well as the strong community biases held against those youth who are more eccentric. Since my graduation in '09, the administration has only worsened, making drastic cuts to the arts, music, and foreign language programs. I loved my teachers in this district, and the few friends I managed to make are lifelong, but these things do not make an education. My experience at Big Bear Middle School was nothing short of damaging, and the district policies are only getting worse.

Big Bear Middle School 1

Posted August 03, 2010
The school has a serious bullying problem that needs to be investigated by the school board. Unfortunately their opinion is boys will be boys, while children are being taken to the hospital. This is not a good school, and these other reviews are probably put there by the teachers themselves.

Big Bear Middle School 3

Posted September 19, 2009
My children were in the Walnut school district and it was one of the highest. I see the homework that they get here and it does not compare at all to what they were learning. I'am not very happy with that. The teachers are very nice as is the staff at the school.

Big Bear Middle School 1

Posted April 28, 2009

Posted February 09, 2009

Posted September 14, 2008
Great school, great principal, great non teaching staff. These people REALLY care about their students. They hit 800 API on the most recent STAR test, no surprise. If your child needs help, they offer Intervention AND support during the day. Way to go Principal Chamberlin - you are running a tight, sharp ship!!!! We will miss BBMS!

Posted August 04, 2008
The best most funest most awsome school. Gratest teachers ever to wlalk the earth and the best schol to ever be planted on earth. I love this school!

Posted February 02, 2008

Big Bear Middle School 0

Posted November 03, 2007
This is my first experience with middle school. I was very apprehensive about sending my child here. But it has been a fantastic experience. The teachers have been very helpful and the extra curricular activites well organized. The curriculum could be more developed and comprehensive. It would be nice if they added more outside projects which would encourage community/parent involvement. Other than that I have been very pleased with the administration, teachers, support staff and the other students. I feel fortunate that my child attends BBMS>

Posted September 21, 2006
I have been a parent in the 'best' of LAUSD over the last 16 years and am new to the area. I am more than impressed with BB MS. I have extensive compliments to many areas of the academics and the overall programs, teachers, admin, environment, etc., and am continuously impressed on a regular basis as weeks go by. This is a wonderful environment overall for the stress filled 'MS years'. I now have my 6th child in MS and can not rave enough about this school; only wish I known about it a very, very long time ago. The small community has exceptional teachers, admin support to extend the children a certainly, very well kept secret of a remarkable MS experience for the children and parents alike. I have no hesitation in extending my absolute support of BB MS to anyone. Kudos A+!(and thank you BB from our family!)

Big Bear Middle School
41275 Big Bear Boulevard, Big Bear Lake, CA  92315
Last modified Big Bear Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Big Bear Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top