Bad
Good

Principal & white teachers are racist!! ..my son went to Ruth grimes only for 2 year then put him in private school..some teachers are rude & have favoritism towards other kids. I don't recommend this school.. Sorry not sorry just being honest!

This school offers a Dual Immersion Program which I was able to enroll my son into as he entered 1st grade. Being bilingual myself, I wanted my son to have the same ability. So I transferred him from his home District into the Colton Unified School District, and so far, I believe I did the best thing. My son now reads, writes, and speaks both English and Spanish. In addition, his teacher was great. She did a great job in keeping me informed about the class activities and we managed to meet a couple of times during the year to discuss my son's progress and behavior. The school does offer monthly parent nights, PTA, School Site Council, English Language Advisory Committee, and a variety of other activities to get parents involved. I was unable to attend any due to my work schedule, but they are offered and information get's sent home with the students or by mail. I like that the school is small and has a small community feeling. It is clean and inviting. The office staff is friendly. Cons: Finding parking in a very small street to drop off/pick up children. I recommend you take your time to get there early to find a spot.

Over all the school is ok.How ever they really need to fix the area where the parents keep on driven in from the exit,My son almost got hit by a car in 2007 and it seemed that no one cared and I have been fighting with the school to fix that issue,and since then I have seen so many kids almost get hit by parents who come in the wrong way.I have reported every incident .And it seems like no one cares. .And all parents need to stop going threw the exit to drop off and pick up there kids. we need to have our staff be standing at the exit for cars don't come threw as they all stand in the front to greet the children.parents should all obey the law and stop going threw the exit....hopefully we can fix this issue before a child reallyt

The teachers are great and the school has improved a lot but there are still children that come from meager backgrounds that attend and need help.

I'm very happy whith this school, my best rating to them 5 stars

Exelent school they have duo immersion that the best education you can give your kids is wonderfull seeing them advance year after year. I'm please. I will recomended for those parents who are mind open and want their kids to learn more than one language

My child is now in fifth grade and has attended Grimes since kindergarten. I think it is a wonderful school. The campus is well kept and inviting. The office staff is friendly and helpful. The principal goes above and beyond in her duties. She shows that she truly cares about her students and staff. I have found all of the teachers to be friendly, caring, and hardworking. Grimes offers many wonderful afterschool programs such as science club, basketball, unsinkable cincos, and honors club (to name a few). I think it is a great school!

Last modified Ruth Grimes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.