K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I like the school overall. My child is in kindergarten and is reading really well. His teacher Mrs. Boone is amazing. I have no problem getting my child to go to school and it's really enjoyable. Most of the staff that I've encountered have been very helpful polite and loving to my child. I believe they give right amount of homework not too much not too little. I can see the positive effects of the Bible teachings that they give. My child is more aware of peoples feelings, and consequences for negative behaviors that can hurt others. They take the children on interesting field trips. And the school performances are absolutely adorable. The only con of the school is the extended care program. At times it's a bit disorganized, and the children aren't split up between age levels. Children of all levels (even high school) can be seen roaming around. Most extended care staff are young age, and you can tell they're not experience. Other than that I've had no issues with the school.

Amount of homework: no rating

There is a difference between the elementary school and the middle/high school. Compared to public elementary school the content is rigorous but the methods are terrible. Elementary school focuses on repetition and copying of concepts. For example, the memorization of multiplication tables, Capitals, Presidents and scripture was instilled by writing them 50 times a day for homework, everyday. If you got it wrong in your oral test you were punished and your number of copies increased. It works but it is not enjoyable and does not foster a yearning for learning. Conversely, the high school and middle school does not offer educationally challenging or rigorous homework. Copying of key terms from the text book and spelling words is emphasized in all subjects. Essays and reports exploring topics and student interests are not given and the exploring and expounding of educational relevant topics or current events is discouraged. It's easier to grade key terms than it is to grade essays and reports.

Develops character: Disagree

Bullying is prevalent and student drug dealing and abuse is common. There is no discipline other than praying with the student. Students are aware of faculty and staff indiscretions. Cliques and student hierarchy are not kept in check and are often promoted by faculty and staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

School is not WASC accredited. Teachers do not need have a college background or teaching credential. Male teachers objectify female students.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework my child has received has been a fair amount of homework. It is not too much.

My child just recently started going to the school within the past year. I have seen such drastic change in his/her grades. My child grades has improve for the better. My child attitude and behavior is more positive and is always looking forward to going to school the next day. The principal, teacher, and staff is always friendly and promotes a postive atsmosphere. I was not too sure about the area that the school is located in. However, you can never judge a book by it's cover. The school is a good school for any teenager to attend.

Great school. My son graduated from this wonderful place. The teachers actually loved him and cared about his well-being. They prayed for my boy. It was amazing. He did very well. This school gave him tools for success! The staff were amazing and always positive toward him. I loved this school so much and the wonderful influence it provided that I went to work for the school a year after my son graduated. The teachers actually walk the talk. I get a "behind the scenes" view, and they are real. Their testimonies are real. And their love for the students is real. Best place EVER. :)

Love this school. Everywhere you go will find things you dnt like but BC has a heart for Jesus. The staff loves the children and I feel good about my decision to have my children here. Indivudal attention excellent learning!

School plays favorite to students of staff. Recently a parent was treated in a alarming fashon that the police department had to respond to incident. Parents werent notified staff who was involved with said incident was allowed to stay on campus during police investigation. Also my child received text books 3mo after starting school. School is also in deep debt! Where is our money going?School will be changing text supplier again next year because we owe 2 other providers money. School is sub-par we have to pay extra for any activity included at other schools.This so called flight for advanced is additional $100.00The things my student learned was not worth the charge.BEWARE we will be moving schools soon.

I am so blessed to have my children in Bloomington Christian. My elementary student has learned so much over the last year. I love that at night we are able to discuss all that is learned in school and how much he loves his class and has a teacher that is not just there to be paid, but to make sure he has learned. My preschooler not only has a curriculum that is followed, but she is also learning Spanish in her class. What an awesome opportunity. I am so blessed to known my babies are taken care of and loved beyond measure when I can't be with them. I wouldn't want my babies anywhere else.

Last modified Bloomington Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12