Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted May 05, 2016
We have a wonderful small community school. The feel is country/family! I am SO very grateful for our wonderful group of parents that in addition to a great team of teachers and staff, come together to put on fun family events for our school. I love the opportunity this affords us to bring our school and community together, intertwining learning and fun. THANK YOU to our AMAZING GROUP OF PARENTS! I am so VERY GRATEFUL for each and every one of you! Michelle

Posted April 02, 2014
This school and it's staff always try to improve themself, they listen to the parents and their concerns and try to give a solution the best they can. You can reach them anytime and support you as much as they can.

Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
My child is learning a lot in First Grade. She loves her teacher (Mrs. Davies) and is very excited to attend school. It seems like this teacher has a passion for teaching and it is very nice to see the way she interacts with her students. She truly cares for her students.

Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2013
Parents and teachers have a great working relationships. Make Allen top of my list or schools

Posted August 22, 2013
We absolutely love this school. My son is in 2nd grade and it is a perfect fit for us. I was sad to see a couple of really negative reviews. This has not been our experience at all. The teachers and staff all know my son's name. Super awesome art projects. Parents are really encouraged and welcomed to be in the classrooms. We have our spot.

Posted August 05, 2013
Allen School is a wonderful school. My oldest son is now in the 5th grade and my youngest just started kindergarten there. The teachers and help know ALL the students by name. It's a school with a community feel. Ms. Faddis is friendly and fair. I love this school for my kids and I wish they would increase to K-8 so my kids could come here longer! :) I have volunteered in the classroom and the teachers are great. They do the best they can with strapped resources. I wish I could volunteer more. Helping out a few days a month helps the teachers A LOT and my kid LOVES seeing me in the classroom! :)

Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
Allen School offers great teachers in a smaller school environment of approximately 400. Hopefully with the influx of many new kindergarten students that parent involvement will increase. I would encourage Allen School parents to get involved. What makes a great school is not only the teachers, but the parent and student involvement. I also wish that Allen School had maintained their Magnet school for the Arts status and retained these programs. Or perhaps seek musical programs and other arts programs instead of continually cutting them out completely. Other CVESD schools have retained their musical programs. Also there needs to be more academic specialties offered. Perhaps seek additional help in grant research.

Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School 1

Posted July 08, 2013
Terrible and disturbing school experience. I am disgusted by the treatment of both my son and myself. Words like disrespectful, inappropriate, and unhelpful come to mind. My son s Kindergarten teacher and the noon duty staff are very negative and do not treat students with respect or developmental appropriateness. The teacher stigmatizes the children, labels them, denigrates and demeans them. Teachers and staff yell and scream at the children. The kids are scolded, chastised, and criticized unfairly. Kindergarten students are coming home and complaining to parents about being stressed out! Threats are used and punishment is doled out that exasperates difficult situations rather than remedies them. I caution any parents who are considering sending their child to Allen. Don t rely on the school s reputation; schools change over time. There s lack of transparency at this school so keep your eyes and ears open, spend time at the school, communicate with other parents, and above all else, speak up if you don t like what you see. Our experience is not isolated, even though this is what the principal and District would like you to believe. Principal was unhelpful and rude.

Posted April 28, 2013
Allen School is a well established school in the Bonita community. The vegetable and butterfly gardens are the outdoor highlight. The cafeteria has improved immensely with the choices offered and a lot more healthy than the past years. The school runs on a very small budget because it is a small country school so it is necessary to make yearly donations or participate in the fundraisers. My two daughters have attended Allen and both are well prepared each year to move on to the next grade level.

Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School 1

Posted December 20, 2012
I personally met with a primary grade teacher in rewards to one of her students. Although, her student is an emergent learner, the teacher had nothing positve to say about her own student. Everything she said was extremely negative. It is very dismaying as an educator to see a peer behave in that manner. Additionally, the meeting was cut short. She then said she had other business to tend to. I stayed for a few more minutes and checked out the ambiance of the school (which was great by the way) but a few minutes later, I see the teacher congregating wiith other staff members and laughing and giggling. Her "other important business" didn't strike me as...important! It is shameful to know that a teacher rather meet with her school friends than to entertain the burning questions of parents. Shame on on you!

Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School
4300 Allen School Road, Bonita, CA  91902-2309
Last modified Allen (Ella B.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.