Posted June 03, 2015
My brother went to Sunnyside for four years before we pulled him out and during the time he was there, he was constantly bullied. Going to the teachers is very ineffective and even the principal would not take steps to help in any shape or form. During one of our annual fall carnivals, one of the moms who happened to be PTSA president called my brother "a pain in the neck" right in my face. She also told me how "sorry" she is for me being related to him. How unprofessional is this school? How can you learn to trust these adults if they target your children? Very irresponsible. Go find a safer environment for your children.

Posted May 16, 2015
When you have a problem, the staff will say " don't worry everything is going to be ok", but they don't do anything to resolve the issue. Be careful if you have a son whit IEP (speach and Rsp). I don't recommend. But if you have an A+ son is a good school.

Posted January 31, 2015
I don't have enough wonderful things to say about this school. My children have attended two other schools, one also in the district and one in an affluent neighborhood further north. Both had brand new buildings but the personality and individuality was missing and my children were numbers. At Sunnyside, my children and I became a part of the school. The principal, staff, and other parents all make an effort and really care. In addition, my children's academic achievements scored and their personalities shined.

Posted August 31, 2013
I was a GATE student at this school and unfortunately their idea of meeting the needs of more advanced students is to have them build things with toothpicks and do meaningless worksheets when they're done with their work. In third grade my teacher would give us gummy bears to give her massages. Totally inappropriate! I wish I had had the courage then to say something about it. Unfortunately this school teaches you to shut up and do what they say.

Posted July 23, 2013
THIS SCHOOL WAS THE BEST SCHOOL FOR MY SON. WE ARE SO SAD TO HAVE MOVED AND JUST PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE THAT WE FIND A SCHOOL AT LEAST HALF AS GOOD AS SUNNYSIDE ! MRS ZEBALLOS IS THE BEST TEACHER, SHE IS THE ONLY TEACHER WHO WAS ABLE TO TEACH MY SON TO READ !! THANK YOU MRS. ZEBALLOS FOR GIVING MY SON THE LOVE OF READING !!!

Posted July 12, 2013
My son has been here for 2 years. In 3rd grade he had lost his love and passion for school based on a bad teacher experience. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the school, principle, secretary and staff. It's such a warm and loving school, wonderful teachers with great learning activities, field trips, test scores, etc. Awesome parent involvement.

Posted February 15, 2012
i went to this school i say all parents should try to get there kid in this school. well disipline great teachers wonderful history!!!!!!

Posted May 06, 2010
I love Sunnyside Elementary School because during the course of my education there, I was always treated with the utmost respect and I was always rewarded for my creativity. The administrators and staff at Sunnyside were kind and giving 100% of the time. I went to a few different elementary schools; 1 in Washington and one In Hawaii, and I must say they didn't compare to my experiences at Sunnyside. I am a Senior at Bonita Vista High School now and I still have many close fiends that have stayed with me since my days at Sunnyside and whenever we pass each other in the halls, we almost always want to sing 'The Sunnyside Song' . The memories I made at Sunnside will stay with me forever and I think this school should get all the support it deserves simply for the fact that I, along with dozens of other students, created a family there that will last us a lifetime.

Posted April 13, 2010
I am a parent and Sunnyside alumni. I rate Sunnyside a perfect 10!!

Sunnyside Elementary School

Posted January 21, 2010
Sunnyside is a great school!!, my kids are very happy, the kids are tought to respect others and the principal is always right there in every aspect of the school from academics to each student well being, he's a caring principal. Transferd my kids from an nearby elementary school, that is the best decision I had ever made!!

Sunnyside Elementary School
5430 San Miguel Road, Bonita, CA  91902
Last modified Sunnyside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunnyside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top