Bonita, CA

Valley Vista Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2015
No effort on behalf of the principal to make new comers feel welcome. Very close minded and extremely condescending to parents. If you're expecting a warm fuzzy feeling when you walk into this school you'll be very disappointed. Do not let the 'Bonita' location fool you, it is, in my opinion, the worst school in the Chula Vista School district. The scores are the lowest compared to the rest of the Bonita schools and definitely lower than the schools in eastern Chula Vista. That is not opinion, it's fact, look it up. I was very let down by this school.

Posted May 04, 2015
I am very happy that we transferred to Bonita and my daughter had a chance to attend to this great school... This school not only have a diligent, very professional and hardworking Staff's --but a well respected Principal who is very dedicated in serving the needs and welfare of the school... And most of all, they have "One goal" and that is to make sure all their students will grow and understands the importance of being successful in obtaining their dreams and goals in life..

Posted May 04, 2015

Valley Vista Elementary School 3

Posted July 23, 2014
I am a parent of a 6th grader. Teachers are great but the principal is cold and lacks communication skills. She stays in her office and rarely interacts with students or parents. Seems like she on a power trip just dismisses any parental concerns. Other schools in Bonita have much higher test scores. The only reason I have not pulled my so. Is because this is his last year

Posted August 22, 2013
We are new to this school with our oldest starting Kindergarten. As first time elementary school parents I have to admit I was nervous. Mrs. Emery and her staff have been amazing the communication between the teachers and the parents is great. Our son loves school and every day when we ask how is day was, the response is always, "Awesome." It is wonderful to have a school with teachers that you and your child love. Looking forward to all our years with Valley Vista.

Valley Vista Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2013
I'm a 6th grader here in Valley Vista. I came here in 1st grade to 4th. I moved to Japan because I'm a military child, and came back in 6th grade. I honestly think its a great school. The teachers are great. They teach us things we need to know. We learn to be responsible,respectful, and safe. We also have fun. It would be nice if we had some clubs after school. Also more time for fun classes such as art,PE,music,language class, ect.

Posted September 08, 2011
This is my daughters first year at this school. My daughter is in Ms.Casares class. I have nothing but good things to say about this excellent teacher. My daughter has been learning a lot in her class. Overall she could not have had a better teacher.

Posted July 01, 2011
This was my sons first year at valley vista going into the first grade now he will be going into second grade! For his first grade teacher he had Mrs. Casares she is an amazing teacher, she has taught him so many things it's unbelieveable! I would recommend her if your child will be attending the first grade for 2011-2012 school yr you will not be disappointed!

Posted May 17, 2011
I am a STUDENT at Valley Vista, in my sixth grade year. K-4th grade was everything I could have hoped for; good teaching, excellent, professional teachers, and an utterly fantastic principal. However, in fifth grade, I started a new year with a new principal. The teachers and academic quality have stayed the same(notable in every aspect), however, the leadership of the new principal? Disasterous. She's less involved, much less nuturing, nothing like our old one. I feel at home at Valley Vista, I don't want to be anything but a viking, but I can't help but feel like I'm talking to a a stranger in our new principal's prescence. (sorry for grammar mistakes, bad keyboard)

Valley Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2011
They do not pay attention to your child's work or study habis...even if your child cannot spell...somehow your child passes with flying colors...total injustice to your child's future

Valley Vista Elementary School
3724 Valley Vista Way, Bonita, CA  91902
Last modified Valley Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top