Boulevard, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 01, 2013
Addressing a concern. Inclimate weather is assessed districtwide, Our buses travel 15-20 miles to pick up and deliver our children on curving mountain roads. If it snows heavily in any area to prevent safe access, it affects the entire district. You can't have a meaningful day with 1/3 of the class missing. The High School has students spread all over the Mountain Empire Community, and ride the same buses elementary and Middle Schools do. Just because it may be fairer weather in one area, doesn't make it safe for the others. If there were an accident, parents would be demanding answers as to why school was held in such dangerous conditions. Most teachers live over 15 miles from their schools, many over 30 miles. Our narrow mountain roads are very hazardous in bad weather, including unexpected whiteouts of snow or hail, black ice in shaded areas of the road, and blinding downpours. The District has two weather days built in to it's calendar so that the nunber of educational days are not lost. This inconvenience is the cost of living in a beautiful, serene community, requiring some minor adjustments for those who move up here and there are times the buses ran all school year.

Clover Flat Elementary 3

Posted October 29, 2013
No comments at this time I am just learning about the school thru on line reviews.

Posted October 28, 2013
Clover Flat purchased common core standards in 2012-13 for all the teachers specific to their grades. The Teachers and Principal have been attending common core workshops, conferences, and discussions at PTA meetings, Staff meetings, and assemblies.

Posted June 18, 2013
Clover Flat Elementary has a great principal and staff. Our API scores have gone over 800 the past 3 years.

Clover Flat Elementary 2

Posted March 08, 2013
These people have to be kidding! Yes the Teachers are good and as well as the principal, However this is my daughters first year of school and she has Never brought home a homework packet aside from once in a while bringing home a reading log which she's supposed to bring home 4 nights a week but i was told she does it at school. They have weather day's over little things like wind, rain, and less than 2 inches of snow. I am less than satisfied with this school and think some big changes need to be made first being homework because how am I supposed to know where she actually stands if i don't get to see what she's doing and where she's faltering until i get her report cards. I brought this up to her teacher and just got told to buy her workbooks....

Posted August 19, 2008
Clover Flat Elementary School is a proud 2008 Distinguished School. California only recognizes hard working schools with improved test scores with such an honor. Clover Flat did this with three, out of four, brand new teachers that strive to make Clover Flat a better place for their students. Clover Flat also has hard working staff and personnel that put time and energy into their school. I am so proud of this school and I have seen so much change for the better!

Clover Flat Elementary 4

Posted October 18, 2007
Both of my children have been attending Clover since Kindergarten. I believe that there have been a lot of improvements made. I would like to see more extracurricular activities offered, but my children's test scores continue to rise each year, and that pleases me enough; after all education is the reason they are there. I truly feel the principal has excellent leadership skills and she communicates better with the children then most adults I know. I would love to see more parents get involved. One parent I would like to recognize is Liz, she is like the glue that has held that school together for many years now. Thank you Liz.

Posted July 04, 2007
Clover Flat is a wonderful school full of hard working students, teachers, and staff. I would recommend this school to any parent looking for a great place for there child to succeed.

Posted July 04, 2007

Clover Flat Elementary 4

Posted October 14, 2006
- a staff
Clover Flat has started a very exciting new school year for 2006-07. We are continuing our academic success achieved during the 2005-06 school year. Academics is our #1 priority. We have a computer lab and library on campus. As in the past, extra curricular activities are provided at our Afterschool Program (3:10-6:00). In that program, students receive a snack, an hour of homework help (3:40-4:40), then structured PE games, art, music(recorder),Brownies, Girl Scouts, and Spanish classes. The program continues to grow. Students can join a soccer league with practice in campo and in the Spring, Little League begins. Student Council and Peaceful Playground (SPARKS) take place during school hours. Even tho our school is very small we have a great PTA and SSC with parent involvement. Many of our parents commute a minumum of 50 miles to work. Enthusiasm is high with students, staff, and parents.

Clover Flat Elementary
39639 Old Hwy 80, Boulevard, CA  91905
Last modified Clover Flat Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clover Flat Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top