Brea Country Hills Elementary School 1

Posted August 10, 2014
My children attended Country Hills for 2 years. As a parent and a teacher, I was appalled by the principal, Robert Rendon, and his lack of leadership. The teachers do try their very best, but this school is a sinking ship without a captain. We were unimpressed with the Brea Olinda School District and would not reccommend it to anyone.

Brea Country Hills Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2014
BREA Country Hills Elementary School is VERY overcrowded with class sizes exceeding 30 students per teacher. Many of the students and families transfer into BOUSD without actually living in Brea, because they work in this small city and get a exemption. This creates disconnected parents and a strange overall vibe where people are lined up for miles in their Big SUV's to pick up their kids, and off they go back to Anaheim, Placentia or some other OC burb where they lack any involvement or spirit.. California schools are broke, and so is BOUSD, the admin department and teacher seem stretched and many teachers here seem overwhelmed and can only focus on teaching CA core standards and not much else. Do the research before you place your kids in Country Hills Elementary school,

Brea Country Hills Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2013
The "safety" measures they have in place are to lock the doors at the start of school. Yet, I was able to enter my child's class room by knocking on the door. A child let me in without hesitation, and no adult was supervising the class what so ever. Apparently the teacher left to run a quick errand.

Brea Country Hills Elementary School 2

Posted February 26, 2012
It is my sons first year attending Brea Country Hills Elementary. As a parent I expected a lot more from a school located in such a good area. The lack of fencing and staff supervision is an obvious safety issue for the students. My son has two teachers in an overcrowded classroom and none of the students seem to get the attention they deserve. There are no crossing guards present on the Country Hills side of the school which makes it unsafe for small children who are allowed to walk home alone. I have also noticed that some teachers don't monitor who their students leave with at all when school is over. Overall, I am extremely dissapointed with my experience here and this school does not come close to what we were used to before moving to Brea.

Brea Country Hills Elementary School 0

Posted May 01, 2010
I love brea Country Hills School because of diverse population

Posted November 18, 2008
Everything about this school is top-notch. I am a veteran teacher of 36 years (high school English). This year my daughter is in the 2nd grade. All of her teachers so far have been superlative. My special thanks to Mrs. Thomas and Mrs. Yergler, who have provided my daughter a wonderful education. Their patience, kindness, and confidence in my daughter have been appreciated. My wife and I moved to this area just for this school--and we are very glad we did. Next year, our son will be attending the 1st grade at Country Hills. We are excited for him, too.-- BG

Posted October 17, 2007
I have been at Country Hills for many years. I feel this is a very safe school and has great parents, teachers, staff and principal. The principal is very open to suggestions and the staff members make you feel that there top priority are the children. The school has many good extracurricular activities from band to chess masters. It definitely makes you feel as if you are in a small hometown community with the Art Fair, family nights, and classroom plays or shows. The parents of the school are very involved and the PTA meetings are there board meetings but they are usually very informative meetings. Some people would say the PTA is a click but they welcome every newcomer and once you go to a couple of the meetings they are a very hands on and friendly group of parents. I think this is a wonderful school.

Brea Country Hills Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2007
I expected more. The academics are not challenging for my 1st grader, and there is no option for gifted education until 3rd grade. Even then, gifted education consists of taking an after-school course. The lunch menu is horrible. I agree with the other rater that the lack of fencing is a safety issue.

Posted February 18, 2007

Brea Country Hills Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2006

Brea Country Hills Elementary School
150 North Associated Road, Brea, CA  92821
Last modified Brea Country Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brea Country Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top