Brea, CA
Students enrolled: 1,953

Posted August 26, 2014
I would like to state; this school tries. It tries to motivate you to try your best and improve your skills. They encourage you to only take activities you are interested in. I feel that is quite amazing, because it works. Though I have a concern, I will blunt: despite this, I'd provide a 0/10. why? There's no cross dressing day, disastrous! I would like to see handsome girls and pretty boys, please and thanks! 0 satisfactory with my current school experience!

Posted October 07, 2013
BJH was okay for my son, however, he was in a sport, in AP classes, and I was involved (here and there on the weekends). The parents are rather cliquey and tend to stay in their own groups, unless you donate big (in which case you can do whatever you like) you better volunteer and be proactive in your child's academic and extra curricular life here or they WILL be overlooked. I am taking my daughter out of Brea because it's getting rough around here ( Looking into Charter schools). The staff is a "little bit" rude to minorities and the disabled... The counselor was discouraging my AP student from applying to any UC's! VOLUNTEER in your child's sport or activity or they will not be fair to your kid! Otherwise it's good enough, nothing horrible, nothing great. If you are reading this, you are a caring parent and your kid will probably be fine. Just stay involved =) *I've never met the principal but I don't hear good things *Teachers seem mediocre but will do *campus is nice and clean *there seems to be a lack of dress code regulating (girls) *I've known several students to drop out and decide to be "models" makes me wonder what the heck is going on up there. Good luck!

Posted February 13, 2013
I am a firm believer that school is what you bring to it. My child is a very good, but not great, student. He generally has a positive attitude and overall enjoys his general experience at school. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for me as a parent. I had a complaint about a teacher's attendance at school and events, and took it directly to the teacher. He said it wasn't his problem. I then followed chain of command and went to principal, and he said it was between me and the teacher. Round and round in circles. My next stop is the board. I will not go away, so they better get ready. This school is generally quite good, but it is let down by poor administration at the top end. Too bad, considering the Brea community is such a fine place to live. If I had to do it over, I would have put my child in a different high school.

Brea-Olinda High School 1

Posted May 16, 2012
This school is for certain ethic groups and well to do families that can buy their childs way through school. Grades are obtained through wealth not academic ability. Student body is very stuck up.

Brea-Olinda High School 5

Posted March 28, 2012
Excellent School! Academic education is outstanding. The school community embraced both of my daughters who were Inter-district transfer students. One daughter received a full academic scholarship and the other a scholarship for 60 % of her college expenses. Both daughters are attending major universities in New York City! Thanks BOHS!

Brea-Olinda High School 2

Posted December 04, 2011
This is not a great school. It's mediocre like its middle school however all the students who cause the school problems get sent down to the continuation school. They have a great teaching staff that is consistently let down by poor administration and an apathetic student body. Basically students there only care about themselves and their college application than the school itself, the facilities get pretty rundown at the end of the year due to this indifference.

Posted November 28, 2009
In every year there are teachers that are wonderful at teaching, and horrible at teaching. Unfortuneatly for students like myself, it leans toward the latter side. Most teachers at this school have little conviction to teach, do not know how to teach, or just don't do anything. They understand very little and do not comprehend any issues that arise. The principal is especially difficult to work with.

Brea-Olinda High School 1

Posted November 17, 2009
This school has no compassion for families in need. Our son had an issue at school and our whole family was treated with such disrespect and disdain that we are looking into private schools. Not everything about a school has to do with it's scores. The administration at this school and at the Brea Olinda district is the worst in Orange County - beware!!!

Brea-Olinda High School 0

Posted September 04, 2008
My child attends this school and I wish I could transfer my child out but I can't. My child comes home complaining about the teachers. At back to school I have met them and they do seem unhappy just no enthusiasm. My child works hard and has very good grades its just a shame that this is a school my child can't wait to leave.

Brea-Olinda High School 5

Posted July 28, 2008
this is a great school academicly and sports wise I will continue to say great things about this school as long as its greatness continues I highly recogmend for parents to put their children in this school

Brea-Olinda High School
789 North Wildcat Way, Brea, CA  92821
Last modified Brea-Olinda High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brea-Olinda High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top