Posted August 29, 2013
Only one Jr. high in Brea. We wish we can move out or transfer my son to a private school. The principal said teachers are all great when you talk to her. The only good teacher my son with was his English teach. However, she is too busy to become star teacher in this school. Her assistant was terrible in all perspectives. I taught my son's Math by myself later on when I found out he didn't learn anything from his math class. The social teacher has good stories. My son loved his stories but got D in the class. Science Teacher has lot of interesting materials to teach, however, she graded kids incorrectly lot of time or her assistant did. Parent portal is a terrible stuff, always updated late, not communicative tool, got not much feedback from teachers. School office actually very helpful. They are all friendly and great helps. If your child is very proactive, loves learning... then she/he might be fine.

Brea Junior High School 3

Posted July 10, 2013
Hello, fellow students and parents, my name is gareth, incoming 8th grader to brea junior high. BJH is a school where some teens are into drama, and i dont tolorate that. The teachers there are friendly ( depends on how u cooperate) , but some don't update that often. All in all, the foodis great, but i reccomend to go to this middle school- at your own risk.

Posted June 13, 2012
Teachers here are fairly non-communicative wihen parents have questions about their student's status. Using the Parent Portal, I have received few replies (and from some teachers, none) to my inquiries. Not impressed with some of the teachers-- one long-term substitue teacher has a poor record of grading assignments and tests, and often lists them on the portal as missing(?!). Overall, I must say I am unimpressed with this school. Glad my child is done here.

Posted January 18, 2012
The ratings on this site are dated as the school no longer has any extra curricular activities. My son is a 7th grader at this school and we are very unhappy. The computer lab has 12-year-old Mac computers! Although they encourage parent involvement, you are treated like an intruder when you come on campus. Parents are encouraged to use the parent portaland direct contact with the teachers seems to be discouraged.

Posted October 07, 2009
Brea junior high is a great school. I love the food here. PLus Mr. Adams is the best teacher here(not to mention Ms. Bott shes a very good teacher too)

Brea Junior High School 0

Posted July 18, 2008
Brea jr. High is so cool. They have a lot of interesting teachers. The academic part of the school is taken place in rooms where there is a great atmosphere.

Posted October 21, 2007

Brea Junior High School 0

Posted August 28, 2007
The teachers and staff at BJH are wonderful at first blush. History and Math are finely taught. Science has less to do with Science and more to do with belief. The Art teacher is really really good with this age group.

Posted April 21, 2007
Brea Junior High is a wonderful school to go to. There is sports teams,pantatholon teams,band and choir. The math teachers at this school put in all the extra time for the students. BJH is also the top ten school in California!

Posted January 06, 2007
I really think this school rocks. This school is just the best and I have to compliment on mrs. Hazard for being one of the best teachers.

Brea Junior High School
400 North Brea Boulevard, Brea, CA  92821
Last modified Brea Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brea Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top