Posted October 19, 2014
Ihave 2 children that have both have atttened Laurel since Kinder. Both have scored extremely high on state testing. One is now in High School (all honors classes) and my younger child is in 6th grade. I love this school and the teachers are awesome! The teachers have always been open and friendly. Yes over all this school has low test scores there are many reasons for this NOT just english as a second learners (and those students imporve every year as well). We have a high turn over in students do to some families personal reasons. I would not send my children to any other elementary school in Brea! Love the community and staff. This year we have a new principal with so much energy and enthusiasm! What a wonderful last year in elementary.

Laurel Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2013
My school is Laurel Elementary School. I have two children whom attend this school and my experience has not been great. Out of a combine total of 7 years I can only say there s has only been one great teacher and that is Mrs. Niece. She actually cares for her students and will listen to parents concerns. It seems every other teacher doesn't care about their students and will not give parents the time of day to address issues or concerns. The principal is the exact same way. She is very short with parents. Whenever I would try to speak to her I felt rushed. I strongly do not recommend this school. This is the lowest ranked school in Brea due to the test scores which are blamed on students (English second language students). The school doesn't have parent cooperation because when they try to be involved it s almost always have been unpleasant.

Laurel Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2010
I have a 4th Grader and have had a son go thru all 7 years here at this school. The teachers are very dedicated and caring. Our test scores are right up there with the other schools in Brea. My Son is entering Highschool next year above average and just got in to the IT academy there!

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009
If a student is willing to learn then they will learn. At Laurel the teachers have proven to me that they will do whatever they can to catch the student up if not surpass their level. At this time in their young lives keeping them interested in school is to me a good school. Laurel is that school and im very satisfied with the teachers and supporting staff.

Posted March 23, 2009
with the exception of a few good teachers this is not the best school!! The principal does not show good leadership ability among staff or students and does not carry through on anything. i would not recomend it for anybody's child!!!

Posted March 04, 2009
The teachers and staff at Laurel are excellent. All of my children have been well prepared to excel in secondary schools, my oldest is a graduating senior, distinguished scholar and earned academic scholarship to all of the colleges she applied to, while my second looks to be on track for an appointment to the Air Force Academy. When great people such as the Laruel staff work as hard as they do and parents take an active role alongside them our students excell! Laurel ought to be rated at least a 9 out of 10.

Posted May 31, 2008
Both of my children have received an excellent education by well qualified teachers. We feel so lucky and are so happy to be a part of the Laurel family and think most everyone here feels the same.

Posted July 19, 2005
This is a great school. The teachers seem to be there for more than just a paycheck.

Laurel Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2005
Not rated as high as other Brea schools.

Laurel Elementary School
200 South Flower Avenue, Brea, CA  92821
Last modified Laurel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top