Bad
Good

The academic focus and involved teachers and especially parents are outstanding. The students of Loma Vista are the big winners. The more involved the teachers and parents are with reading the same script, the better our students are, the better future citizens we send out to the world. The teachers, the principle and parents care about the students overall academic acheivements. Loma Vista is a great elementary school thanks to concerned parents that hold their children accountable for homework, attendence, and most critical; their behavior.

I'm very impressed with the parent/ teacher involvement at this school. My daughter has excelled at Loma Vista. We could not be happier.

i really appreciate the academic focus and involved teachers and parents. this really makes a difference to the students of Loma Vista. the more involved the teachers and parents, the better our students are. I really feel that the teachers and the principle care about the students overall academic acheivements. Our family appreciates it. thank you Loma Vista

MY CHILDREN HAVE DONE SO MUCH BETTER HERE BECAUSE OF THE INVOLEMENT OF THE TEACHERS. I FEEL THAT THEY REALLY CARE. THIS GIVES ME HOPE IN OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM. THANK YOU TO ALL STAFF AT LOMA VISTA ELEMENTRY.

Great teachers and a principle who listens.

Great school! its super strict even with the parents and I like that for so many reasons.

HUGE disappointment 4 us. Fine for some, but our 4th grader needs additional help in reading, writing, & math. My 1st grader is a brain & needs more challenge, but there's nothing extra 4 her. Its BAND, music & art programs are disappearing at the start of the 2008 year. No afterschool programs in art, science, music, dance, foreign language or sports. GATE & Odessy is not really enough & too small. Children w/learning disabilities do not get identified, SSI tested or helped immediately. You have to DEMAND the testing, PAY 4 outside assessments & BEG teachers for their understanding & HELP to get 3 weeks of summer school. If someone gets F's & D's in the 3 r's, they pass students to the next grade. Come interview parents that are NOT on the parent club board-those clickies!. See the truth 4 yourself. An average kid looks like a GENIUS here!

Someone just wrote that all the good teachers left?!? I have to disagree. We have been at Loma Vista for 4 years and have had wonderful teachers each year. I can't say enough good things about them. And yes, there are activities besides G.A.T.E. (Odyssey of the Mind, band for the older kids, music and a yearly musical for each grade level). I feel lucky to have my kids at Loma Vista.

This is an ok school. No after school programs here -- only all other schools in all other cities have them like math club, homework club, arts, science, and the like. We have nothing. Principal blames parents for lack of participation. Parents blame principal for lack of initiative. Bottom line, we don't have any programs for our children. WHY?

This is a very good school. The test scores could be a little higher but at what cost? I feel that the principal and the teachers are very attentive and caring and parent participation is very good. Over all, you're going to get a well rounded, healthy child if you send them here.

Last modified Loma Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.