Posted August 01, 2010
I have taught at Krey for 8 years and love it. Our staff has one of the best reputations in the district for being flexible and embracing challenges, rather than complaining about them. There is a strong sense of community at Krey that I wouldn't trade for anything. We have extremely low teacher turn over and most staff member's school-aged children attend Krey. Teachers love their students, and Brian Jones supports his staff 100%. I've worked at other schools where the teachers were not happy, and that absolutely reflects in the classroom. At Krey, teachers are happy and do their best to make sure the kids are happy while they get the highest quality of education possible.

Posted May 04, 2010
I moved to Brentwood last July. Almost from the start we noticed the schools here in Brentwood are fantastic. My daughter, who attends Krey, has had a fabulous year. She has been welcomed by her loving and patient teacher, the friendly parent community and office staff. Academics are important at Krey, and the children have high, but realistic expectations placed on them and yet it is still a place where kids can be kids! It is a fun place to learn and grow. There are character building skills built into the lesson plans and clear, expectations for student behavior. Mr. Jones and the staff are phenominal and make themselves present. Even on the rainiest day..when the parking lot is full and busy you will find Mr.J out supervising and making sure every child arrives safely..and welcoming you with a smile. Way to go Krey!!

R. Paul Krey Elementary School 2

Posted December 04, 2009

Posted November 02, 2009
I want my daughter to love her teacher, find great friends who bring out the best in her, feel connected to other families, and to know her principal in a positive light. Each of these things has happened for my daughter who entered the second grade this year. Her teacher is kind, generous, instructionally savvy, and a beautiful person. My duaghter has made great friends with families that share our same values. The staff bends over backwards to help their students and by far are the hardest working group of individuals I've ever seen. This is an exceptional school!!!

Posted October 03, 2009
I was shocked to see the poor rating from May. To set the record straight, Krey is an excellent school. I teach at another school in Brentwood and send my children to Krey because it is truly the best atmosphere in Brentwood. Brian Jones is an exceptional princial, and we can't forget the vice principal Theresa D'Alfonsi. Mrs. D'Alfonsi and Mr. Jones make the school a first class learning environment. I love Krey and the quality of the staff. There is not a lot of turnover, just the typical maternity leave. Krey Coyotes Rock!

R. Paul Krey Elementary School 0

Posted September 04, 2009
I too was surprised by the comment in May. I absolutely love Paul Krey Elementary. Our first child is currently a Kindergartner at Krey! Staff, students and parents have such a genuine sense of community and pride for their school. So many parents are involved with Krey. Our son's teacher is simply amazing, so dedicated and is very involved with her students. I can go on and on about her. The curriculum is challenging and the students are learning. I love, just love how the teachers push the students academically. Principal Brian Jones is doing a superb job. He is so very involved, so caring, easy to approach and is always readily available. Go Krey Coyotes!!!

Posted August 23, 2009
I have a 2 nd grader at this school and I am very happy with it,the teacher involvment is outstanding.Brian jones is a great princable.The only thing is so of the moms are snotty!!!!The ratings show this school rocks!!!!!!!!!!

R. Paul Krey Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2009

Posted August 04, 2009
Wow! I am surprised by the comment in May. My experience has been very different. My child has multiple friends where their parent teaches at Krey and chose to send their kids to Krey. I think Mr. Jones has done a great job! He is visible, he interacts with the children, lets the teachers try different activities for the kids to excel. I think our scores shows it and that has something to do with strong leadership. The parents, teachers and staff are very caring. My child has had a wonderful experience at Krey! She constantly pushing the envelope academically, as all of her teachers have been wonderful and ensures that each child moves forward. I couldn't be happier with the school!

R. Paul Krey Elementary School 2

Posted May 24, 2009
I have been very disappointed with Krey. I have 3 kids at the school for the last five years. My biggest problem is this school has no idea how to retain their teachers. There is more turnover at this school than any other. To me it says something about the leadership at the school. The worst thing they ever did was get Brian Jones as the principle. He has no idea how to run a school. If you have a chose go to a more established school in Brentwood. If you ask the teachers at Krey they even send their kids elsewhere.

R. Paul Krey Elementary School
190 Crawford Drive, Brentwood, CA  94513
Last modified R. Paul Krey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. Paul Krey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top