Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter wakes up & looks forward to school every morning. This school makes her feel warm, welcome & safe. Theres always a ton of events for our family to get involved in. I disagree that the school is after money. I've been to parent meetings to know that is the last thing on their list. They are strict with attendance. They push their hardest to make events for the students & fun theme days for the kids. This is a good school & I'm glad my children will get a better education than I did :)

Develops character: Neutral

If your child does well in school, they will be treated well. If your child is any extra work, then no.

I will agree with another reviewer about the teachers treating the kids with zero respect. When I use to volunteer in the classroom I couldn't believe some of the smart ellic comments teachers would make to kids. It always made me feel so bad for the kids. I definitely think teachers need a FEW days of training on what to say/not say to kids. Of course if you volunteer ALL your time and open your pocket book the teachers will love your kids and be kind to them. Also if your child requires an IEP you'll basically be waiting on that for MONTHS! Just enough months to get you to the end of the year where it makes no difference! HA then your kid will be one grade closer to getting out of their hair. Be warned though...if you do have any problems here...good luck getting any help...they just prance around problems and give you the run around.

Always care about the students. Hold them accountable. Teach them that follow through is important. Principle Jones knows the students. He takes the time to get out where they can see him.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They put great value on tattletales. They are creating a bunch of cry baby kids that won't be able to problem solve on their own without adult involvement.

worst mistake I've ever made was going to this school. The principal lacks leadership, tells parents what they want to hear, makes empty promises, and is an overall spineless jerk who values his staff, more than students. They focus purely on asking for money, and making sure test scores are high. If your child fits inside the public education box, he/she will be fine, if not, BEWARE! I regret not pulling my child from this school after the first year there.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There are some really great teachers at this school who clearly love their job, but there are others who should've left teaching and found another career a LONG time ago.

I moved to brentwood recently and thought that having my kids in krey is the best thing I can do for them,I was wrong krey is school that has unfriendly office people, don't smile don't even care if you are there or not,the principal and Co principal are the worst , all they care about is the school not the kids them self, theypretend they care but it's all fake,battom line you can only be happy there if you are white anyone else will be treated like garbage.

I have taught at Krey for 8 years and love it. Our staff has one of the best reputations in the district for being flexible and embracing challenges, rather than complaining about them. There is a strong sense of community at Krey that I wouldn't trade for anything. We have extremely low teacher turn over and most staff member's school-aged children attend Krey. Teachers love their students, and Brian Jones supports his staff 100%. I've worked at other schools where the teachers were not happy, and that absolutely reflects in the classroom. At Krey, teachers are happy and do their best to make sure the kids are happy while they get the highest quality of education possible.

I moved to Brentwood last July. Almost from the start we noticed the schools here in Brentwood are fantastic. My daughter, who attends Krey, has had a fabulous year. She has been welcomed by her loving and patient teacher, the friendly parent community and office staff. Academics are important at Krey, and the children have high, but realistic expectations placed on them and yet it is still a place where kids can be kids! It is a fun place to learn and grow. There are character building skills built into the lesson plans and clear, expectations for student behavior. Mr. Jones and the staff are phenominal and make themselves present. Even on the rainiest day..when the parking lot is full and busy you will find Mr.J out supervising and making sure every child arrives safely..and welcoming you with a smile. Way to go Krey!!

Last modified R. Paul Krey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.