Brentwood, CA
Students enrolled: 2,200

Posted September 02, 2014
More than half of the teachers at this school barley know how to teach or could care less about the grades of the students. Heritage used to be a fun and spirited school, however each year it gets worse. The kids are stuck up and if you aren't in a 'clique' you're looked upon as a no body. Maybe if kids would learn to be kind to everyone no matter who they are we would't have a problem. However the parents and children think they're better than everyone not saying this goes to all because this deffinatley doesn't..however many are like this. If you want to send your child to a school where everyone is a part of the school and the experience is like a big family, don't choose HHS.

Posted February 16, 2014
As a senior at Heritage I must say that the experience has been amazing. The teachers are very helpful and go out of their way for each student, the activities are really enjoyable, the campus is gorgeous and the spirit is like no other. The teachers and the staff are genuine and they really want the students to achieve the highest level of education possible. The school offers many opportunities with career building such as the academies you can take to help decide what you will do with your future. I have been to other high schools before and none of them are as beautiful and clean as well as having friendly staff and students. The students are really like a big family, we all come together and if is such a great way to enjoy the four years spent here. Forever proud to call myself a Patriot!

Heritage High School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
A great school! The principal is present and helps all students learn. The majority of my son's teachers are helpful and set high expectations for all students. I feel he is in a safe learning environment. The curriculum is rigorous. The school offers many elective classes so that he may express himself and have fun learning. Many parents who have time to spend helping at the school.

Posted May 13, 2013
Being a student here, and not knowing any other school other than the Heritage schools, it's hard to judge. I will tell you now, if you are a parent, you may not want to send your kid off here. The students are very spoiled, and the teachers will give you packets all the time. Some teachers will actually teach, but it seems as if the students here are pressured into getting good grades, and not getting a "Husky Help wristband". The teachers do not inspire, or seem to care. We are given busy work, and we usually use computers. Your tax money is not spent wisely at this school. I do have some good teachers, however. But students here are pampered, and we are also thought of as children. I want a teacher to be serious about their job, who won't be disappointing if I get a bad grade. They'd teach differently if we fail a test, and not point fingers at us. Other than teachers trying to explain things on a college level, they should simply explain it in a way we can all understand, inspire us, make it simple, and celebrate good grades. This school is trying, but a good school is not made up of "good" students, but good teachers. These teachers don't pass as "good".

Heritage High School 1

Posted January 07, 2013
This schools teachers are the laziest ever, they dont care about you, most of them care for their paycheck, the principal is awesome

Posted August 29, 2011
The parents at this school are not involved and think the world owes them a ffavor. It is full of spoiled kids too.

Posted March 24, 2011
My daughter attends this school. It is fantastic.The school is well run and I am impressed with the organization and responsiveness of the administration.The teachers are caring, compassionate and actually contact me when my child is missing an assignment.The academics are challenging and the teachers help the students succeed to meet high expectations.The band director is fantastic! He is a supportive, caring and directs an excellent band program on a shoestring budget. We are retired military. My children have attended schools all over the country including highly rated private, midwest and east coast schools.The rigorous academics, organized, responsive administration and caring teachers, make Heritage High School one of the better schools my children have attended..

Heritage High School 1

Posted February 08, 2011
This is a beautiful school, but the teachers don't want the parents involved in the education of there children. I have had a teacher actual tell me that if there are any discrepancies about the student's assignments that I should not contact them directly until the student had come to them first. In this situation my child had completed and had the assignment graded and the teacher(s) fail to put in the grade(s). If I had not been on top of this to tell my student that they had assignments that had not been entered it could have resulted in him getting a final grade that was way below what it should have been.

Heritage High School 3

Posted August 17, 2010
Im compelled to correct the misstatement that Heritage High is the only school in East Contra Costa County that offers AP classes! My Son graduated from Pittsburg High and took all AP courses and excelled! He now attends Pepperdine University in So Cal and is doing great! This is not accurate and I am certain that Deer Valley also offers AP courses! Parents please do your own research!

Posted May 13, 2010
Excellent teachers, challenging academic programs and amazing administration staff! I have two sons that goes there after moving from out of state for over a year. Very impressed with Heritage High School in every aspect. It is comparable to the excellent mid west school system.

Heritage High School
101 American Avenue, Brentwood, CA  94513
Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top