Posted July 29, 2013
My son had a great three years here. He was supported and allowed to express himself creatively. Teachers were helpful and motivating. My son felt safe and had a lot of wonderful memories.

Posted May 15, 2010
We moved last year from out of state and my youngest son went to Adams. I was impressed of how clean the campus was. The administration staff and teachers were AMAZING! They have excellent academic programs. We feel we were blessed to be part of Adams, Heritage schools. The system has everything a parent and a student is looking for socially and academically!

Posted August 09, 2009

Adams (J. Douglas) Middle School 4

Posted July 28, 2009

Posted July 28, 2009
my son goes here its really a great school the kids and teachers are nice and kind

Posted July 15, 2009
Although the traffic is ridiculous, I mostly disagree with the post from 7/15. Test scores are far superior to those of Delta Vista or any other public middle school in Antioch, Brentwood, Oakley or Discovery Bay. The new principal is outstanding and the school is what you make of it. Academically, kids are able to skip a grade in math if they test-out of the class. And they are grouped by ability in L.A. in 7th & 8th, therefore making the work load more appropriate for the students who need a challenge. Dozens of quality after school sports programs are offered as well as drama, band, cheerleading, shop, yearbook and many other electives. I specifically moved to get my kids in at Adams/Heritage and boy am I glad I did.

Posted July 14, 2009
Im very disapointed with adams middle. First, the principle is careless. Theyre's to much traffic. They don't use they're money wisley, and they're education isn't that great. My kids went theyre for 7th and 8th. They were so good in Delta Vista...then when we moved to brentwood. They're grades went down. Well I don't recemond this school.

Adams (J. Douglas) Middle School 3

Posted July 14, 2009

Adams (J. Douglas) Middle School 2

Posted April 01, 2009
I'm very disappointed with AMS overall. Just getting your child to and from school is a white-knuckle experience every day. Two schools (AMS and neighboring Heritage High School) are forced to use just one dead-end-road to get children to and from school. The traffic is truly horrible and extremely dangerous with bumper-to-bumper cars, buses, skate-boarders and bike-riders all sharing the unsafe, limited access; plus heavy cross foot traffic. It's deadly for everyone; especially the kids. The Principal is intimidating and mostly uninvolved; and the vice principals are inept. There are lots of teachers who fill their seats and provide very little, to no instruction, (especially in Math and Language Arts). It's only saving graces are several excellent Science and Social Studies teachers. But even with the few excellent teachers, I would not recommend this school to anyone. It has a very long way to go.

Posted October 23, 2008
Mr. Clark is a great Principal. I noticed on the parental raiting that someone said Mr. Clark intimidates. I disagree. Mr. Clark doesn't put up with kids that cause trouble. He doesn't mess around and I like that. I feel like he keeps the campus safer that way. My son told me the other day that he will not tolerate gang colors. Mr. Clark was also the principal prior to Adams, at Krey Elementary. Any kids that were causing trouble, he put a stop to it right away. I think he is terrific, and I wish we had more people like him. There would be less trouble in the schools.

Adams (J. Douglas) Middle School
401 American Avenue, Brentwood, CA  94513
Last modified Adams (J. Douglas) Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams (J. Douglas) Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top