7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have 2 years worth of experience at this campus. I'm not going to say whether I was a student there, my child or custodial ward went here, or if I am a former employee. But I will give different prospective on what I know. Parents/Guardians:Based on your child's/legal ward's situation and education plan, if this school is the only option and alternative you have, I would take it. If you are able to make a second choice, I would take it. This school should only be used as a last resort. Staff:If you are really pressed for work and are in dire need a job and you have experience being around troubled juveniles.; Ok. If not, I would find a job elsewhere. If you're going into this school to be a teacher, I would be prepared for dealing with things you probably have never experienced or think you would experience. You would be spending way more time educating students on things unrelated to academia sadly. Please note that a job opening means that a teacher has decided to quit, which is something that happens very often. If you're looking to be a classroom aide or something along that sort, you're basically acting as a security guard or mediator whenever something goes down. Be prepared for this. If you're applying to be a therapist/psychologist; many students do not wish to be helped and just be ready for this. Students:I know this is difficult as the chances of minors reading this review is very slim and none, but I can give you perspective of how Students are at this school. It is very clique orientated and staff and/or other students show favoritism to certain students. Staff and/or other students do bully each other. Whether it's warranted or unwarranted. They are given very lackluster educational material and are kept in one classroom for the entire school day. Even during lunchtime. There are students that have mental issues that wish to learn, and students that just come to campus to cause trouble, which makes things difficult for everyone. Many students do not come here to learn or wish to learn, and many leave the school without passing the high school exit exam, so it was basically time wasted. It is very rare, I'd say it's 10% that a student leaves the school with a happy experience. I'd say it's very common that a student leaves the school with physical and mental bruises and a bad experience.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

I have ADHD and the teachers thought I was "lazy" or "faking it" so they would warn me with loss of points if I didn't keep up with the class.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

You either do as the teacher says or they'll just mark you ALL zeros and keep you after school in solitude.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I don't think the staff here truly understand the demographic of students here, they treat us like lesser beings, as if we were animals.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

This school never offered me homework, I was told by one teacher that "if you guys aren't going to do the work we assign you in class, why send you home with any of it anyway?"

Student here, I was bullied because I was one of the few white kids in the school, constantly being jumped by other students on the bus and on campus. The high school was by far the worst. Teachers wouldn't do anything to make my experience safe except for saying "get over it" and this was when they could hear other students call me vulgar names and see them throw stuff at me, but the second I did anything back I was facing consequences. Female students also got away with anything and I got bullied by them too and was given unreasonable detention where I would only be allowed bathroom breaks and water once a day each time I was in there just because I told a girl to "shut up" after being called a "freak". The staff didn't seem to care too much about their jobs, were more focused on their lunch breaks, their salary and their own personal life than the education and safety of their students. I have never felt so discriminated, unwelcome and undervalued at any part of my life than I felt here at Rossier Park High School.

The staff at Rossier are always looking out for my son's needs & best interest.

My son has really developed and has grown up a lot and this will help him in the future

I always get positive feedback when I come to visit and I can see the teachers really care about the students

Overall, staff do a great job assisting students with behavior management in order to transition into society.

Last modified Rossier Park School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12