Buena Park, CA

Buena Terra Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 07, 2015
The principal started a new program of SOAR cards given to students caught exhibiting good behavior. They collect these and get to buy items at a store.

Posted July 07, 2015
The school offered many family events that gave us the opportunity to get to know the other families our son will be in school with for the next 12 years. The teachers were dedicated and put a lot of work into making the year successful. My son has excelled in kindergarten and I look forward to him entering first grade.

Posted June 22, 2015
Even at a preschool level and having an IEP, my daughter received masterful and nurturing instruction from Mrs. Arnold. Her vocabulary exploded, upon building a relationship with Mrs. Arnold, and her assistants. Mrs. Arnold challenged my daughter, but used a respectful nudge to help her in reading, writing, and math skills. She already knows how to write her entire name, does basic adding and subtracting, she can read plenty of sight words. She is constantly trying to write sentences at home! Her imagination and attention to journal drawings is evidence of what her classroom teacher challenges her with. My daughter took a kindergarten readiness screening exam and she passed all the questions with flying colors! The SST meetings made such a huge impact in my daughter's early school experience and she will be well-equipped for the demands of kindergarten and first grade. We are so grateful such a supportive Principal and the Student Success Team, and for helping my daughter meet all of her IEP goals, and exit out of the program! My daughter is so enthusiastic about coming to Buena Terra ready to learn!

Posted February 15, 2015
We are new to Buena Terra and we love it! The administration is wonderful, office staff is so friendly and the teacher is fantastic. Mrs. Kojima is an absolute gem. Intelligent, caring and friendly. I feel totally confident in the way she teaches and cares for my daughter. This school should have a 10.

Posted August 08, 2013
Buena Terra Elementry is one of the best in Buena Park. My son started here in Kinder and is now in the 2nd. In 1st he had Mrs. Moeller, One of the sweetest, kind hearted, Patient people I have met.

Posted April 05, 2013
this school is wonderful place .my daughter started kindergarten last year,she so happy with her school nd teachers.alwaz excited to go to school.teachers are very helpful ,kind nd so gud not enough words to say.communication is so gud.my daughter learns a lot in a year.im so thankful to the teachers miss.S nd miss.N.We r so happy we send our daughter to this school

Posted June 13, 2012
My kids have had amazing teachers so far. The principal is so involved and really cares for the students. Buena Terra has a huge amount of parent volunteers. When we moved I chose to keep my kids at Buena Terra instead of moving them to the school labeled as the best in the district because of all the teachers and parents.

Buena Terra Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2011
I agree with the previous review. Some front-office members did appear and sound rude from time to time. However, one member improved in attitude and professionalism, whereas the other still sounds vulgar. If it were not for the principal, teachers, assistants, etc., I would have given this school one star. Perhaps it is a cultural difference or differences in socioeconomic status. Some rudeness can be attributed to a lack of education and a lack of up-to-par upbringing in professionalism.

Posted January 31, 2011
Buena Terra School is such a wonderful place. Each day the principal beings school with a group flag ceremony and announcements. There is a community feeling throughout the school and many parents are involved. I enjoy working in Kindergarten. The teachers always have projects for me to help with. My son is learning so much. Every week he advances in both reading and math. There are many fun activities such as father and son night and a talent show. Thank you Buena Terra!

Posted January 12, 2011
Our family is new to Buena Terra elementary school this year. I am very pleased with the Kindergarten team who works with our daughter. They are very kind, energetic, and focused. My daughter and her classmates cheer when they see their teachers come out to greet them. There is a strong academic focus on learning to read and learning math concepts. She is reading, writing, and knows how to add and subtract already. We are so pleased we decided to choose Buena Terra for our daughter's Kindergarten placement. Thank you Mrs. S and Ms. N

Buena Terra Elementary School
8299 Holder Street, Buena Park, CA  90620
Last modified Buena Terra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buena Terra Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top