Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 18, 2016
There are some amazing teachers at Buena Terra. The current principal is excellent. I'm so glad my kids have been able to get such a great elementary education there!

Posted October 30, 2015
The teachers, staff, and principal are involved and great. There are opportunities for all kids to learn at their own pace and encouraged to exceed district benchmarks. The PTA is very active and have many events throughout the year. I wish more parents would join and volunteer because there are a few people who do a lot! Overall, Buena Terra is a great school in a great community. With options of private school and others, we are happy with the choice to have our daughters attend Buena Terra.

Buena Terra Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 07, 2015
The principal started a new program of SOAR cards given to students caught exhibiting good behavior. They collect these and get to buy items at a store.

Posted July 07, 2015
The school offered many family events that gave us the opportunity to get to know the other families our son will be in school with for the next 12 years. The teachers were dedicated and put a lot of work into making the year successful. My son has excelled in kindergarten and I look forward to him entering first grade.

Posted June 22, 2015
Even at a preschool level and having an IEP, my daughter received masterful and nurturing instruction from Mrs. Arnold. Her vocabulary exploded, upon building a relationship with Mrs. Arnold, and her assistants. Mrs. Arnold challenged my daughter, but used a respectful nudge to help her in reading, writing, and math skills. She already knows how to write her entire name, does basic adding and subtracting, she can read plenty of sight words. She is constantly trying to write sentences at home! Her imagination and attention to journal drawings is evidence of what her classroom teacher challenges her with. My daughter took a kindergarten readiness screening exam and she passed all the questions with flying colors! The SST meetings made such a huge impact in my daughter's early school experience and she will be well-equipped for the demands of kindergarten and first grade. We are so grateful such a supportive Principal and the Student Success Team, and for helping my daughter meet all of her IEP goals, and exit out of the program! My daughter is so enthusiastic about coming to Buena Terra ready to learn!

Posted February 15, 2015
We are new to Buena Terra and we love it! The administration is wonderful, office staff is so friendly and the teacher is fantastic. Mrs. Kojima is an absolute gem. Intelligent, caring and friendly. I feel totally confident in the way she teaches and cares for my daughter. This school should have a 10.

Posted October 11, 2014
My kids started at Buena Terra in 3rd grade, its a wonderful school then the 1 school prior. Awesome staff and principle!!! Mr. Cole was an awesome principle he was always involved with the children all the activities. My kids and i were terribly sadened Mr. Cole was retiring..Mr. Nguyen the new principle has also shown excellent involvement with the children and my kids have had nothing but greatness to say. Id like to say your 6th grade teacher staff awesome teachers they surely make 6th grade science camp alot easier for us parents who kids rarely spend time away from home. Our office ladies wonderful as well a pleasure to have caring and interacting with on a daily basis. The speech teachers as well all are awesome, very kind and sweet. My son had the pleasure of being with the speech therapist for almost 3 yrs she very encouraging and patient she helped my son overcome his complex he had from his speech. Overall my experience with all the staff teachers and principals has been amazing couldnt be happier that my kids are Buena Terra Eagles!!! Thank you for all the love,support, hard work and dedication you show to our children.

Posted August 08, 2013
Buena Terra Elementry is one of the best in Buena Park. My son started here in Kinder and is now in the 2nd. In 1st he had Mrs. Moeller, One of the sweetest, kind hearted, Patient people I have met.

Posted April 05, 2013
this school is wonderful place .my daughter started kindergarten last year,she so happy with her school nd teachers.alwaz excited to go to school.teachers are very helpful ,kind nd so gud not enough words to say.communication is so gud.my daughter learns a lot in a year.im so thankful to the teachers miss.S nd miss.N.We r so happy we send our daughter to this school

Posted June 13, 2012
My kids have had amazing teachers so far. The principal is so involved and really cares for the students. Buena Terra has a huge amount of parent volunteers. When we moved I chose to keep my kids at Buena Terra instead of moving them to the school labeled as the best in the district because of all the teachers and parents.

Buena Terra Elementary School
8299 Holder Street, Buena Park, CA  90620-2957
Last modified Buena Terra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.