Posted April 05, 2013
this school is wonderful place .my daughter started kindergarten last year,she so happy with her school nd teachers.alwaz excited to go to school.teachers are very helpful ,kind nd so gud not enough words to say.communication is so gud.my daughter learns a lot in a year.im so thankful to the teachers miss.S nd miss.N.We r so happy we send our daughter to this school

Posted June 13, 2012
My kids have had amazing teachers so far. The principal is so involved and really cares for the students. Buena Terra has a huge amount of parent volunteers. When we moved I chose to keep my kids at Buena Terra instead of moving them to the school labeled as the best in the district because of all the teachers and parents.

Buena Terra Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2011
I agree with the previous review. Some front-office members did appear and sound rude from time to time. However, one member improved in attitude and professionalism, whereas the other still sounds vulgar. If it were not for the principal, teachers, assistants, etc., I would have given this school one star. Perhaps it is a cultural difference or differences in socioeconomic status. Some rudeness can be attributed to a lack of education and a lack of up-to-par upbringing in professionalism.

Posted January 31, 2011
Buena Terra School is such a wonderful place. Each day the principal beings school with a group flag ceremony and announcements. There is a community feeling throughout the school and many parents are involved. I enjoy working in Kindergarten. The teachers always have projects for me to help with. My son is learning so much. Every week he advances in both reading and math. There are many fun activities such as father and son night and a talent show. Thank you Buena Terra!

Posted January 12, 2011
Our family is new to Buena Terra elementary school this year. I am very pleased with the Kindergarten team who works with our daughter. They are very kind, energetic, and focused. My daughter and her classmates cheer when they see their teachers come out to greet them. There is a strong academic focus on learning to read and learning math concepts. She is reading, writing, and knows how to add and subtract already. We are so pleased we decided to choose Buena Terra for our daughter's Kindergarten placement. Thank you Mrs. S and Ms. N

Buena Terra Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
All of my children have gone to this school. My last son Logan is special needs, the teachers at Buena Terra and the staff have welcomed Logan into a mainstream classroom at my suggestion and have made a huge difference in Logans life. Logan will now go on to Jr High with lifelong friends and school peers he might have not have even met. Logan continues to grow and excel wi8th amazing support from his school.

Buena Terra Elementary School 0

Posted February 16, 2010
The new school year has brought a new principal as well as a new office staff. They are kind and welcoming. The school had a rough year in 2008-2009, but so far 2009-2010 has been much better.

Posted November 03, 2009

Buena Terra Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2009
I have to say i've been fortunate as far the good teachers that my son has had...He's been at buena terra since ist grade and now he's in fourth..Although i am not pleased with the office staff either they are very rude i never had a problem before i dont know if it's because everyone is overloaded with work due to the econmoy and lay offs but the ladies in the office are very rude

Buena Terra Elementary School 1

Posted March 31, 2009
I am not happy with Buena Terra School any longer and I am looking to put my son in a new school. I am disappointed with the new office staff. The principle Ms. Pelly does not care about the students and the parents. It is very different there now that Ms. Bianco is not there. I can not believe that the new people in the office are allowed to treat people so badly. The teachers at this school are mostly good but there are a few that need to retire. I wish they would already.

Buena Terra Elementary School
8299 Holder Street, Buena Park, CA  90620
Last modified Buena Terra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buena Terra Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top