Buena Park, CA
Students enrolled: 1,937

Posted February 26, 2015
It is truly outstanding knowing that it has been rated in the Top 4% of high schools in the US as rated by US News and World Report 2014. Wow!

Posted September 14, 2014
As a parent I was worried when we moved here from garden grove. I am so happy that we did . My son would not be where is is today if it wasnt for Buena Park High . With the early college program and his guidance councilor Ms Chow my son started college as a SOPHMORE! . . A sophmore ! He will have is AA after only one year of college . . Thank you BPHS!

Posted August 30, 2014
I am very pleased with Buena Park High School. The teachers are responsive and helpful in providing information about their class and how your child is doing. They are available during breaks or after school if your child wants extra help. The principal is friendly and accessible. I often see him around campus and at school events greeting and talking to students and parents. Many of the faculty have their own kids at the school, which shows that they also trust the quality of the teachers and school environment. BPHS's test scores may not be as high as other schools in the district, but that does not mean that it is a bad school. There are a lot of really good, smart, hard-working and motivated kids here. There are rigorous AP and honors classes, well-qualified and experienced teachers and staff, and a supportive learning environment. Overall, great school.

Posted September 26, 2013
I am really impressed with the programs that are offered at Buena Park high. My daughter is in 9 th grade. I was told to send her to the other schools in our district. This school is different from when I went here. The staff and teachers really about education and the kids benefit from that. The middle College program is saving us money and her lots of time in College. I am happy at my choice to send her to BP.

Buena Park High School 4

Posted February 13, 2012
BPHS is now offering the Middle College program. Partnered with Cypress College it will be the only school in the district for the next 6 years to have this. The Middle College classes are taught by teachers with Master degrees and the credit for these classes count as college credit. Can you imagine the money and time saved by the students who graduate in four years? What a great idea!

Posted October 19, 2011
For 3 years, I've went to a different school in the FJUHSD district and as a Senior, I'm attending BPHS. At first I was really concerned about my level of education and the quality of the school. I can gladly say with confidence that I had nothing to worry about. Most of the teachers are friendly and helpful. The people in the office don't have attitude like the other school I attended. There are little to no racial conflict and students are welcoming. The school doesn't have the best academic scores (CST) overall, but if you're determined to learn and work hard, you can excel in AP classes and Honors to get your GPA to a good standing. So far, I'm enjoying my attendance here, and I look forward to a great senior year.

Posted March 04, 2010
Diverse student population and great caring teachers. Don't let the low test scores fool you. It's just the fact that students in the regular classes tend to screw around. As long as you take honors or better yet AP courses, you'll have a mature, fun experience. I can't stress the amazingly diverse population. It nearly eliminates any racial tension you'd find at another school. Counselors tend to side with the student if he/she wants advanced classes. They give you quite a bit of freedom while still recommending a path depending on what you'll major in. They don't try to steer you away from advanced courses. A matter of fact, it's difficult getting out, as to motivate students to at least survive if not strive. I've learned more this year in my AP & honors classes than I have in all my previous school years combined and it wasn't pain-painstakingly difficult.

Posted October 22, 2009
I attended this school 3 years ago, leaving as a future Senior. I am no longer here and I can say I do regret all those tardies, and absences, and just dozing off. This was, is the best school for me. Everyone you grow up with and make new friends fast here. There wern't such things as bullies or people who pick on u. Every one is understanding and friendly. Though there is drama here, if you go on and do your own thing, your okay. Theres no perfect school aviously, but Im happy I attended her and made freinds and made the best of it.

Posted October 03, 2009
It is not a well recognized school for Academics, but it is a good school. It produced two Class Valedictorians who both happened to be my sons.

Posted August 18, 2009
As a teacher at this school, I can honestly say that BPHS is a fantastic place to work. We probably care more about our students than the majority of teachers at all of the other high schools in the district. To respond to the post that BPHS needs more diversity...this school is, by far, the most diverse school you will find in all of Orange County. At last count, there were something like 30 languages spoken by students with nearly as many cultures represented by the student body and staff. As for the post that recommends parents insist on AP/Honors classes for their children so they have skilled teachers...ALL of the AP/Honors teachers teach 1-2 honors classes and the rest of their classes are 'regular' classes. The majority of teachers have masters degrees in their subject areas or in education. Staff members discuss students progress in multiple subjects to increase success.

8833 Academy Drive, Buena Park, CA  90621
Last modified Buena Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buena Park High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top