Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child's old school thought this would be a better environment for my girl. She is severely depressed and has anxiety issues. After a couple years of being at this school my daughter absolutely hated it. She had fallen behind and pretty soon she just wouldn't want to go there anymore. She'd tell me how she doesn't feel comfortable there. It'd even get to the point where she would start crying thinking about going. The stress of being behind caused my girl to turn severely depressed. She feared she wouldn't be able to pass and would tell me the work they give is too easy, almost as easy as elementary work. She wasn't learning what every other kid in her grade was learning. She's a smart girl. So when I called the school and told them I was going to uneroll my daughter they told me I was able to. They said she'd be better off there. My daughter decided to give it one more chance and she still regrets giving them a chance. luckily I pulled my daughter out before it got worse. she started to get much better and is doing very well somewhere else DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN HERE!!!

As a parent, I feel as though I have failed my child. I enrolled my daughter here two years ago so she could get treatment for her depression and also credits. She would come home very upset, and when I asked what was the matter, she would tell me that her teacher was extremely rude to her and made her time at school very hard. There were only two teachers here at the time, therefore she didn't want to switch classes because she heard negative things about the other teacher as well. She was afraid to report this to her therapist because of how the teacher would react. After months of this issue, her depression got much worse. She didn't want to go to school anymore, so I decided to contact the school and tell them that my daughter would no longer be attending. They did not take this well, the school called me at all hours of the day trying to convince me that she wouldn't succeed outside of their school and that she wasn't ready. This happened for a little over a week, until I officially pulled her out. This school is terrible. If your child is just depressed, don't send them here. This school is probably best for kids who are mentally disabled, aka down syndrome autism etc. but DO NOT SEND YOUR DEPRESSED KIDS HERE!!!

The staff is fabulous. This Special Ed school for kids with ED is amazing. it might only have about 22 students give or take a few, but they do an amazing job :-)

My son just started at Mini Magnolia Park (he is in the 4th grade). I am very happy with the services they provide, and he seems to be doing better. He is Autistic with Emotional Disturbance. At Mini Mag, they use the :Level: system, giving him feedback every 20 minutes, which is also recorded on a daily behavior sheet. On the first day of school, my son actually hugged his teacher, which is amazing because he rarely hugs anyone. He is also considering Mini Mag his 'second home'.

Last modified Magnolia Park School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12