Posted March 31, 2014
Speaking from a parent who actually use to pay for private school---you really can't beat the education here. It superseded what children were getting in private and offers so much more! My eldest graduated in 2012 and is now at NYU & my youngest is a freshman.

Burroughs High School 3

Posted November 15, 2013
I sent my daughter here because I thought that being in the Burbank School District would be good for her academically, and while the academics are good, the staff doesn't really deal with bulling very well. Last year my daughter had the worst year of her life at this school whiich finally culminated in a fight. The staff says to report bulling, then she gets labled a rat. You can't win. I believe the school administration is blind to what is really going on in the daily lives of the kids that are there. If your a good student everything is handed to you, if you get into trouble, then there are after you, lerking and watching your every move, making the child feel like they are being singled out. I finally had to transfer her out to the Glendale Unified School District. Hopefully she will prosper there.

Burroughs High School 3

Posted October 16, 2013
I really wanted my son to do well in this school and up until freshman year, he was an excellent student. However, during this time, he started to show the first signs of what I now know is bipolar disorder. I really wish his guidance counselor and school psychologist would have advocated more for him. He has always been a sensitve/emotional kid, but his behavior at the time was very much out of character. When I inititally asked about testing, I was told I would not want him labeled as having emotional problems. This scared me off from getting him the assesment he needed at the time. My son got worse, he missed a lot of school due to hospitilization, and I was still informed that his permit would be revoked due to attendance and failing grades. I didn't have much energy to fight anything else at the time as I was a mess. I wanted to leave this review so that other parents who might be dealing with the same issue, know to get their child tested by the school psychologist) even there is push back. This is a very good school (which is why I wanted my son here) but not very helpful (with the exception of the school nurse - she was great) with kids struggling with mental illness.

Posted April 19, 2011
I've been working at J.B.H.S. since October 2001 as a Sustitute Instructional Assistant, mostly with Special Education. The overall atmosephere is great. Most of the students seem to get along good. This school has a great "Best Buddies" program where the special ed kids interact with their other schoolmates on & off campus. J.B.H.S.has a Great principle in Mr.Urioste " Mr. U"

Posted March 01, 2010
Perfect school. It has all the things my child needs to have a great high school experience. Outstanding in extracurricular activities; great choir, band, sports, etc. Teacher always have a fantastic attitude towards their students. This school has an excellent way of presenting itself. They provide lots of shows and teachers spend extra time for students to achieve high grades and make students feel at home and happy all four years.

Posted October 13, 2009
Fantastic school, a California Distinguished School in the running for top SAT scores in the State of California.

Burroughs High School 0

Posted July 12, 2009
This is the most horrible school ever! very bad, my child is doing very poorly. And the teachers dont pay attention to her.

Posted October 15, 2008

Posted September 09, 2008

Posted June 11, 2008
My daughter was enrolled in a local private school for her freshman year and we ran into many complications. It got so bad, I had to pull her out and I placed her at Burroughs. We couldn't be happier! The staff is wonderful and they help her stay on track while maintaining a 3.8 GPA while being involved in extracurricular activities and sports. My daughter has made many friends and so have I. We couldn't be happier!

Burroughs High School
1920 Clark Avenue, Burbank, CA  91506
Last modified Burroughs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burroughs High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top