Burbank, CA

Ralph Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
This school could be a solid 4 star if it had the right leadership and a 5 if they had a bigger PTA rather than the same handful of people getting overworked and underappreciated, and disrespected by the principal. As long as you are a person who doesn't evaluate your child's education then you will be fine. If you have ANY issues the principal will NOT listen. This is based not only on my experience but more than 20 people I know who have had the same experience. I highly recommend you interview the school principals before you get into a Burbank school and be sure to ask important questions like how do you handle parent's considerations for class placement, and if there was an issue like misplacement of your child how would things work to change that. What about split classes? I am not talking for frivolous reasons I mean true learning issues. As for the teachers it would get a 4 1/2 stars. Handful of amazing teachers! Amazing Kindergarten teachers and 3rd grade teachers. Please consider the principal's attitude wisely.

Posted December 13, 2010
We considered sending our daughter to a private school. After much research and debate we decided to go with Emerson. We are thoroughly impressed with the teacher quality and level of caring. There is active parental involvement, which is a huge plus. Barring any serious changes, we won't hesitate to send our second child there as well!

Posted December 09, 2010
All three of my children have attended this school for several years and absolutely love it, though my oldest promoted to middle school last year. It's a wonderful neighborhood school. The principal, Ms. Acuff is kind and understanding, loves children but runs a tight ship.

Posted October 12, 2010
My daughter is currently a 2nd grader. I like this school a lot. Everything seems to be intended to promote education and help students to build self-confidence. I am noticing how my daughter's reading, writing, problem-solving and other skills are improving every day. Isn't it what we (the parents) want?

Posted February 16, 2010

Posted April 16, 2009
Emerson have wonderful teachers and they are very nice with our kids. Thnaks

Posted November 16, 2008

Ralph Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2008
My daughter has attented this school from K-5 and the school is great. They have wonderful teachers there and I feel my child is safe. I'm not very fond of Linda (princpal). She needs come back to reality and get a grip.

Ralph Emerson Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2008

Ralph Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2008
Emerson is the best school. Kindergarten teachers works with their heart and soul and kids are benefited. They have wonderful playground.

Ralph Emerson Elementary School
720 East Cypress Avenue, Burbank, CA  91501
Last modified Ralph Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ralph Emerson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top