Burbank, CA

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2014
This school I give it a one star , my sons teacher bullies the kids, and mimics them, when I speak to the teacher is evident she doesn't respect the kids, the school is really old fashiond , there isn't a counselor for the children that need it. They are big on " our goal is for our children to succeed " but when it comes down to it the teacher is always right. Big fakes. I can go on but there isint enough space. Oh and the minute you walk into this school it seems you have just transported yoursel to Armenia, as that is the only language you can hear, all teachers and administration is armenian, so if you are armenian you lucked out.

Posted October 27, 2014
This school is great. The teachers are competent and work with kids on an individual basis. Two of my kids are currently enrolled and although they both are quiet different in the way they learn, they are developing a love for learning thanks to their teachers.

Posted August 01, 2013
I have two daughters at this school and I love it. The parents are really great and work together to make it a fun place for the students. The teachers are very good too and get very involved. The PTA and Boosters are big here and do a lot of activities. This school has a library, a computer specialist and the AR (Accelerated Reading) system in place.

Posted March 28, 2012
I love this school. Great teachers, Great staff, and the PTA is wonderful. My daughter is completing the first grade and I look forward to next year. I have not had any issues and all my questions have been answered and worries put to rest.

Posted December 07, 2011
We have been VERY pleased with Jefferson Elementary. We have recently moved her from another district with my husband's new job and have been immensely pleased with the office staff, excellent principal, and my sons amazing first grade teacher. My son has some speech and occupational therapy needs and they have also been wonderful in considering and addressing his specific needs. The school has a very good "Peaceful Playground" policy for recess that teaches kids the activities and games that ARE acceptable instead of harping on those not allowed. The school uses incentive slips for recognition, and the principal knows and interacts with her students with kindness and enthusiasm. The PTA and music programs have also been excellent. We feel fortunate to be at this school.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2011
Great school, awesome principal. Office staff is very rude! Teachers are amazing, truly! My son has really excelled and I couldn't be happier. The PTA is super strong and parental involvement is very high in the classrooms.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2011
I feel the same way about the office staff, moody and just plain rude. I haven't seen much action coming from the principle regarding issues with teachers that shouldn't be teaching. Last year wasn't the greatest, but we are fortunate to have AMAZING teachers this year!

Posted January 26, 2011
Great Principal and Teachers. Parents get involved. Rude and arrogant office staff. That type of attitude should not be present near children.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted May 19, 2010
I went there and my three kids went there. Great teachers and great principles and wonderful memories.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
so far I love the way my kids are so into the teachers and their studies....they have a great helping systems and thanks to all the parent that can help make the teachers work a bit easier.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
1900 North Sixth Street, Burbank, CA  91504
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top