Burbank, CA

William Mckinley Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2012
We moved to burbank because " of the great school district". And since my child started attending this school, I haven't like several things about this school. I have not liked her teachers and since last years incident I don't think too highly of the principle either. There was an incident with my child and her teacher; when I called the school to speak to the principle, she immediately took the teachers side. It would have been nice for her to put her personal belief to the side and make me feel supported. I was asked if I wanted a call back/follow up about this matter. I told her to give my husband a call because I was too furious to deal with it. My husband NEVER received a call for the follow up! The PTA is alright. I understand parents helping out and supporting their schools. But, I get annoyed with the so many fundraisers; there was once two fundraisers in one month! When my daughter attended LAUSD they didn't ask for so many handouts and donations! They actually need it!

Posted May 17, 2012
We LOVE McKinley. The teachers. principal, office staff and special ed staff are ALL stellar. They truly care about each and every child. They give 150% always. There is such a positive feeling of community. My son is finishing 1st grade and has learned so much. They hatched chicks!! He just loves going to school and it's because of the staff. We walk to school just like I did growing up. The PTA is very active: Pumpkin Patch, MAP (McKinley Art Project); rummage sale to name just a few events. Don't go by test scores. Support your local public school. You are blessed if McKinley is yours!

Posted March 08, 2012
I agree exactly with the last post word for word. The only reason it doesn't get the fifth star from my is the GATE program not being offered until the 3rd grade. My son is also in K and very advanced and I wish there were more programs for him so we could feel he is being pushed to the level he is capable of.

Posted January 11, 2012
I love this school, I just wish they did things to challenge the smart kids! My son is in kindergarten and his teacher is great but he is so board with the content that he doesn't want to go to school. The office staff is AMAZING, they never treat you like you are asking a stupid question . . . even when you know it is! PTA is VERY involved, they send informational emails and they work hard to make sure that all the parents are involved even if they only offer one hour a year. Also the events that the PTA puts on for the kids are very cool like the Dunkin' with Dads, M.A.P. (McKinley Art Project), and the Pumpkin Patch, among other events. I love this school and just wish that they had more challenging content for younger kids! Waiting till the end of third grade to test for the GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) program is too long! On the up side they have an amazing accelerated reading program, and in place of the Outdoor Science School they have an in house Science Academy. Also there are a lot of teachers at this school who have been there for a very long time so they are dedicated to the school and the students! Overall this is a great school with a great staff!

Posted February 11, 2011
Great, nurturing faculty. Excellent special ed staff, very sensitive to the needs of autistic kids. Great Principal. We are very happy with this school.

Posted April 19, 2010
My daughter had 6 amazing years at McKinley, from k-5 and couldn't think better of the teachers and staff. Parents are really involved at McKinley thanks to a great PTA and the school is clean, safe and well cared for.

Posted February 09, 2010

Posted January 07, 2009
My son just started kindergarten at McKinley and he loves it and is thriving. So far we've had a wonderful experience. I've met some great parents, teachers and administrators. The PTA is strong. The school has a nice family, small town feel.

William Mckinley Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
I am a voluteer in Mrs. Wescott's 4th grade class with Mind Magic, the language arts program I created and have been developing at McKinley for the last 10 years. I continue to be impressed by the teachers, principal, parents and support staff here. They are dedicated, caring and co-operative and friendly. That's one reason I keep coming back to help!

Posted August 17, 2007
Our youngest is having a wonderful experience at this school. The teachers are very dedicated and caring. Our two older children also received a quality education here. They were very well prepared for middle school. We will miss McKinley very much when our last childr moves on.

William Mckinley Elementary School
349 West Valencia Avenue, Burbank, CA  91506
Last modified William Mckinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Mckinley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top