Burbank, CA

Posted June 20, 2012
I could not be prouder to be a Providencia teacher and have dedicated my career to this school. It is a privilege to serve these families and work with this staff of amazing professionals. The PTA is very supportive of our students, staff and families. Our principal, Mrs. Culbertson, is a blessing to have as our instructional leader. She has dedicated herself to Prov., serving as a teacher, curriculum specialist and now, our principal. The site is newly remodeled and we lead the way with our school-wide Power Hour, hiring add'l teachers to provide small group, targeted instruction for all students, five days a week. This highly structured instruction is not only for a child struggling with a strand of lang. arts, but those who are proficient and advanced as well. Students are held to high standards and the enjoy learning. Every child has weekly music and every 4th and 5th grader learns to play the cello or violin. VHI invested $30,000 in new instruments for us alone! Providencia is the only BUSD school who has earned a 10 in their similar schools ranking! We are a CA Distinguished School and a Title 1 High Performing site where excellence is the norm, not the exception!

Posted May 31, 2012
My daughter just finished Kindergarten at Providencia, and I couldn't be happier with this school. She had a great year and my experience with the school (as a parent) was very positive. The PTA is very welcoming and they organize many fun activities for the students. Providencia is a small school that feels like a family. The staff is hardworking and the principal is great. The kids really LOVE her.

Posted May 31, 2012
I TOTALLY disagree with the parent who wrote about the leadership and the PTA . All of my children have gone to Providencia and they have had the BEST experience. They have loved all of their teachers, learned so much, and met so many lifelong friends. The new principal is WONDERFUL and from the very first day she was so approachable and it shows how much she cares about the children. This school just keeps getting better and I am happy that my family gets to be a part of it.

Posted May 31, 2012
My boy has been going to this school for many years. He had the man principal for a couple years, and now the lady principal for his last year. The lady principal has been here for a long time, as a excellent teacher and also as a great vice-principal. She knows all the families and kids and always wants to help everyone. A new music program for the whole school started this year, and my boy learned to play cello. He really liked the student orchestra of cellos and violins and all the musicians visiting his school. It made him feel special. I think he will do well in middle school because of all his years at Providencia and how hard everyone has worked to bring great academics to the children.

Posted May 31, 2012
I am glad that some parents at the school just told me about this website. I didn't know about it before. I have been a Providencia parent for 6 years. The school has come a long way since I first started. The academic program is strong, the teachers work so hard, and they have a new music program that gives music to all the kids. My daughter learned to play the violin this year. The API has gone up like 100 points in three years so the academics are good. Now I like that they offer other programs like with music, art, and drama. My daughter is happy, so I am happy.

Providencia Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2010
The principal is the most greatest person I'll say. I have tree kids in that school and I am glad we have him as principle because he is down to earth and my kids love him. I fill we are a big family.The staff are fantastic,teachers awsome.

Posted May 18, 2010
We have fallen in love with the school because of the VERY dedicated teachers, supportive parents and great leadership by Mr. Kissinger. It is such a relief to know that my children are guided well & provided the best education possible.

Providencia Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2010
This is a nice school. It looks a lot better now. But I don't like that the kids spend all of their time practiceing for state testing, like that is the only thing that matters.

Providencia Elementary School

Posted April 19, 2010
I am a grandmother of 5 and 3 of them attend this school.It has come along way,My childern went there in the 80's and it was the budget school,now we have made remarkable strides .Greatest principle school staff are loving with my grand children.I am at the school alot because I do fundraising .And the parents really back us up,we are a community within the school..

Posted April 19, 2010
Providencia is an amazing school. The teachers are dedicated to the children & the principle is a very caring man who helps out throughout the school any chance he gets. The PTA is really involved & is always willing to do their part in insuring the children have an enjoyable experience while learning. This school deserves to win. Our CST scores were so improved last year, & even with all the budget cuts, our teachers still manage to give the children the best education. As the vice president of our schools PTA, I can say, that this school is one of the best schools in Burbank, if not the country!

Providencia Elementary School
1919 North Ontario Street, Burbank, CA  91505
Last modified Providencia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providencia Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top