Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I cannot say enough good things about this school. Our daughter transferred from a private school and she is now very happy, thriving and learning like she's supposed to. I was very hesitant moving her here but all my worries and preconceived notions disappeared from day 1. The staff especially the Principal and teachers are nothing short of amazing. Ms. Culbertson, the principal, is always standing by the gate in the mornings to high-five the kids and talk to parents. They all work very hard to make students feel welcome and succeed in their education. My daughter completed Kindergarten from a private school not knowing how to read and full of anxiety. Two months into Providencia and she is involved in so many programs to help her and is very excited about learning how to read and is progressing faster than we anticipated. We are Burbank residents and I'm so glad we gave our local school a shot. I cannot be any happier with the curriculum and extracurricular activities they provide the kids and the opportunities for parents/families to get involve without being in your face. We LOVE this school!

Love this tight knit community. One of the lesser known/ hidden gems in BUSD. Wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!

I could not be prouder to be a Providencia teacher and have dedicated my career to this school. It is a privilege to serve these families and work with this staff of amazing professionals. The PTA is very supportive of our students, staff and families. Our principal, Mrs. Culbertson, is a blessing to have as our instructional leader. She has dedicated herself to Prov., serving as a teacher, curriculum specialist and now, our principal. The site is newly remodeled and we lead the way with our school-wide Power Hour, hiring add'l teachers to provide small group, targeted instruction for all students, five days a week. This highly structured instruction is not only for a child struggling with a strand of lang. arts, but those who are proficient and advanced as well. Students are held to high standards and the enjoy learning. Every child has weekly music and every 4th and 5th grader learns to play the cello or violin. VHI invested $30,000 in new instruments for us alone! Providencia is the only BUSD school who has earned a 10 in their similar schools ranking! We are a CA Distinguished School and a Title 1 High Performing site where excellence is the norm, not the exception!

My daughter just finished Kindergarten at Providencia, and I couldn't be happier with this school. She had a great year and my experience with the school (as a parent) was very positive. The PTA is very welcoming and they organize many fun activities for the students. Providencia is a small school that feels like a family. The staff is hardworking and the principal is great. The kids really LOVE her.

I TOTALLY disagree with the parent who wrote about the leadership and the PTA . All of my children have gone to Providencia and they have had the BEST experience. They have loved all of their teachers, learned so much, and met so many lifelong friends. The new principal is WONDERFUL and from the very first day she was so approachable and it shows how much she cares about the children. This school just keeps getting better and I am happy that my family gets to be a part of it.

My boy has been going to this school for many years. He had the man principal for a couple years, and now the lady principal for his last year. The lady principal has been here for a long time, as a excellent teacher and also as a great vice-principal. She knows all the families and kids and always wants to help everyone. A new music program for the whole school started this year, and my boy learned to play cello. He really liked the student orchestra of cellos and violins and all the musicians visiting his school. It made him feel special. I think he will do well in middle school because of all his years at Providencia and how hard everyone has worked to bring great academics to the children.

I am glad that some parents at the school just told me about this website. I didn't know about it before. I have been a Providencia parent for 6 years. The school has come a long way since I first started. The academic program is strong, the teachers work so hard, and they have a new music program that gives music to all the kids. My daughter learned to play the violin this year. The API has gone up like 100 points in three years so the academics are good. Now I like that they offer other programs like with music, art, and drama. My daughter is happy, so I am happy.

The principal is the most greatest person I'll say. I have tree kids in that school and I am glad we have him as principle because he is down to earth and my kids love him. I fill we are a big family.The staff are fantastic,teachers awsome.

We have fallen in love with the school because of the VERY dedicated teachers, supportive parents and great leadership by Mr. Kissinger. It is such a relief to know that my children are guided well & provided the best education possible.

This is a nice school. It looks a lot better now. But I don't like that the kids spend all of their time practiceing for state testing, like that is the only thing that matters.

Last modified Providencia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.