School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am so happy to be the new principal of Robert Louis Stevenson Elementary School. I am impressed with the entire staff, thankful for the support of the parents, and love the enthusiasm of our students. I look forward to continuing the amazing programs already established and sharing some of the programs I started at my former school. - Christina Desiderio
October 11, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (6 responses)

Posted May 05, 2016
My daughter is in Ms. Diamond's second grade class this year and we absolutely love her. She's really great with the students. Ms. Diamond is kind, patient, fair, inclusive and has such a great heart. She has a wonderful, calm way of commanding her students' attention, and she always stresses to the kids that they should never feel stressed about quizzes, assignments, etc. My daughter recently missed two days of school to get braces on her teeth, and when she returned Ms. Diamond had the kids write her notes of encouragement, and with lots of compliments. It was really amazing and made my daughter feel so great about having to get braces. The kids wrote some really amazing messages. These are the kinds of things Ms. Diamond does for her class, and she fosters a very positive, inclusive environment. We are so blessed to have had her this year. We've had really experiences with the school, principal and all of the teachers at Stevenson.

Posted May 04, 2016
Stevenson is a warm and welcoming school that encourages parents to volunteer and be a part of their child's education. We are lucky enough to have a community that has taken the approach to fill in the gaps from underfunding with dance, music and art classes made possible by fundraising.

Posted May 04, 2016
We have been so blessed with all the amazing teachers at Stevenson! Ms. Diamond has truly inspired her students to ENJOY learning and encourages them to ask questions, seek answers and find the fun in education. We just love her so very much! And thanks to our new principal, the entire school feels like more of an open and welcoming community. It's wonderful to have such a fantastic school in our city! Big shout out to all the parents, volunteers, teacher and staff that work so hard to make our school so great!

Posted April 09, 2016
I can honestly say that I am very happy with Stevenson. My son is in 1st grade and seeing the school's transition from his kinder year with the add-on of a new principal, has been a delight and honestly, night and day! =) The new principal is committed to the students and to making the campus feel as welcoming as possible for parents. I have come to learn that the parent community is very involved with two very strong and organized parent volunteer groups (PTA & FFS Booster).

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 09, 2016
I am so thankful to Mrs. Desiderio for opening up our school to the parents.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 09, 2016
Stevenson's PTA has a focus on teaching students about being good through its Kindness Committee. With this program they reach students monthly with activities that promote kindness and teach empathy! I have seen it and can definitely say that they are working towards developing students with these values.

Posted April 07, 2016
My grandson loves this school! His teacher Mrs. Boulais is amazing. The staff is kind and helpful. The arts programs rock. Thank you Stevenson Staff!

R. L. Stevenson Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2016
All three of my children went to Stevenson and for the most part it is a great school with very few exceptions. 1st and 2nd grade were rough for my youngest. His first grade teacher had just had a baby and upon coming back seemed over extended. She claimed, in a parent-teacher conference, that she was unable to reach my son after three months of instruction. My husband and I requested the coursework from her and got him caught up in under two weeks. Grades 3-5 have been stellar (Mrs. Flores is beyond excellent and even though pregnant with twins consistently went the extra mile for son). I personally liked Ms. Ginnetti although some of her remedies for issues were questionable. My son was verbally threatened by one of the parents that assists with gardening and I requested a meeting with said parent and staff, which she denied. She suggested I email the parent but, of course, I got no reply. I'm very happy with the new principle. My son raves about how interactive she is with students. I love that she is creating such a positive atmosphere where our children are happy to go to school every day.

Posted December 10, 2015
The teachers are so dedicated, caring and experienced, my son learnt so much since he started 5-hour per day's kindergarten program, he only knew letters and numbers before he started, and now he is a 2nd grader advancing in math and reading.

Posted December 10, 2015
I am so grateful for the school teachers, my son advanced a lot since he started the kindergarten program, he is in 2nd grade now, he loves learning and sharing, and he is advanced in his academics. Thank you!

3333 Oak Street, Burbank, CA  91505
Last modified R. L. Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.